Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Looking for advice on the German emission stickers.I have seen these on a great deal of uk registard vehicles.Do we really require one we have been touring Eu for the last 7 yrs without one.
Thanks Guys.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I believe you only need one to go into some cities and how far you can go will depend on the colour of your sticker.

Easy to get either from a TUv station in Germany or from Broken Link Removed

Should only be a few Euros.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I believe you only need one to go into some cities and how far you can go will depend on the colour of your sticker.

Easy to get either from a TUv station in Germany or from Broken Link Removed

Should only be a few Euros.

Martin
I suppose it does depend on your fiscal position in life, but for me, a few cents off 30 € is NOT a few Euros!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I looked at that page and wondered: Do you need different stickers for each country?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I looked at that page and wondered: Do you need different stickers for each country?

Yes you would do. The Umwelt stickers are purely a German thing.

You can check out the requirements for other countries here (y)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Never had one yet never been stopped or asked for one either and done a fair bit of travelling in Germany and visited most major cities.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Never had one yet never been stopped or asked for one either and done a fair bit of travelling in Germany and visited most major cities.

All that means is that you may have got away with it a few times, not that they aren't required.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I suppose it does depend on your fiscal position in life, but for me, a few cents off 30 € is NOT a few Euros!

@Jaws €15 by post and €5 if you do it at a TUV centre, where did you get €30 from, or is that for two vehicles.

Martin

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Yes you would do. The Umwelt stickers are purely a German thing.
You can check out the requirements for other countries here (y)
You'd think this would be something the EU could centralise - one "proof of" sticker acceptable by all EU countries?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You'd think this would be something the EU could centralise - one "proof of" sticker acceptable by all EU countries?

If they did that they would make everyone to come up to the strictest standards i.e. Germany or more than likely even stricter ones because cities like London where non compliant vehicles are effectively banned (OK I know technically they aren't but a £100 daily charge amounts to more or less the same thing) wouldn't want to relax those standards.

I think it's something that works better left to individual countries or cities to sort out for themselves.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I think it's something that works better left to individual countries or cities to sort out for themselves.
I'm just thinking about the stickers being EU centralised - one that states the emissions for that vehicle - after all there's only one V5 per vehicle - then each country decide when/ where to make it apply.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
€5 from any main car dealer or TUV station or if you want one by post €6 from the Berlin office, very good service, even sent me another one FOC after I messed it up fitting

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If they did that they would make everyone to come up to the strictest standards i.e. Germany or more than likely even stricter ones because cities like London where non compliant vehicles are effectively banned (OK I know technically they aren't but a £100 daily charge amounts to more or less the same thing) wouldn't want to relax those standards.

Boris lets me in ::)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
€5 from any main car dealer or TUV station or if you want one by post €6 from the Berlin office, very good service, even sent me another one FOC after I messed it up fitting
I have bought 2 online & delivered by post the last from the Berlin office. Takes about a week, to get to you. You need to send a copy of your scanned V5 online. If you have time I would get it sorted by internet, do you want to waste time looking for a TUV station in Germany ? I also think somebody here ended up having to have a vehicle inspection, by post its done and dusted no hassles. As for not getting the right paperwork for Germany and chancing it, the last guy I saw do that went in for Police questioning and a full review of his paperwork for hours.....not worth it for a few Euros.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
If there is an 80 euro fine for going into an emission zone in Europe, then why is it 1400 euros for London. Is Boris needing more money to pay for the fine to the EEC than German cities, Maybe something to do with all those big jets flying from, and over London that seem to use a lot more fuel than my Motorhome does and make more pollution in ten seconds than I can in ten years.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If there is an 80 euro fine for going into an emission zone in Europe, then why is it 1400 euros for London. Is Boris needing more money to pay for the fine to the EEC than German cities, Maybe something to do with all those big jets flying from, and over London that seem to use a lot more fuel than my Motorhome does and make more pollution in ten seconds than I can in ten years.

we haven't any LEZ's here yet .:)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I bought one online a few months ago and it cost me more than buying one in Germany but I couldn't be arsed with all the faff abroad.

All the info I could find on it suggested that the system has not been fully enforced with foreign vehicles so far but will be tightened up in future.

Our MH ended up with a yellow sticker, which means we shouldn't be driving it into a green zone. I'm led to believe there are some aires in some cities that are inside green zones so they have designated corridor roads to get you there. Worth considering before following the Satnav - I can remember driving past green signs and wondering what they were on our last trip.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
If you have a yellow sticker then unfortunately there aren't many (if any now) areas left that accept them, only the Green one.

The Koln stellplatze is in the umweltzone, however there is a 'stickerfree' corridor for acces to the stellplatz..
http://reisemobilhafen-koeln.de/umweltzone.html

Pete

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Definitely only €6 for exactly the same thing from the Berlin site though: https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php

What age vehicle is likely to get a sticker ?
For instance, ours is a 2007 X250 which is LEZ compliant.. would that, in your opinion, get a sticker ok ?

I tried using the link on the site to check the vehicle but it came up with a 404 !

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I tried using the link on the site to check the vehicle but it came up with a 404 !

3-ways-to-create-more-engaging-404-pages2.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back