German authorities investigate HYMER weight claims. (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Read this on a German forum,

The public prosecutor's office in Stuttgart searched the business premises of the Erwin Hymer Group SE in Bad Waldsee (Ravensburg district) on Wednesday. It is about possible weight deviations in mobile homes.

The competent public prosecutor's office in Stuttgart explained to the SWR that the searches were carried out as part of a preliminary investigation against employees of the Erwin Hymer Group SE on suspicion of fraud and criminal advertising in connection with weight information in the sale of mobile homes and as part of administrative offense proceedings against Erwin Hymer Group SE have taken place.

Full article in German, https://www.swr.de/swraktuell/baden...chung-bei-erwin-hymer-in-bad-waldsee-100.html

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Could this turn out to be another scandal like VW’s claims about emissions?

The no win no fee brigade will be watching closely.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
About time someone did something about the weight issues.
In my opinion many Motorhomes are totally useless for the purpose of being independent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
At first I thought it appeared a bit odd Hymer are one of the few manufacturers that produce vans to their stated weight.

Reading it again it is their advertising they are complaining about, in that case they should look at all manufacturers. Carthago for example they have quite a few vans they claim to be able to run at 3.5t but nearly everyone comes out of the factory 130kg over although within the 5% tolerance it makes them near impossible for them to be run at 3.5t. I only used that as an example but it applies to most manufacturers.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I don't think so, just about advertising, we have had 3 Hymers, all almost spot on claimed weight.
I am not sure of the details Lenny but think it's possibly around 3500kg and 7500kg vans that are produced too close to the limit to be useable, but you are right I'm sure it would not be limited to just Hymer.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Fantastic news!
Though not a Hymer owner myself, this is the sort of scrutinization that might make all manufacturers sit up and take notice. Far too many have been B/Sing on weights, Yanks being one of the worst.
Mine, new, was quoted with a "dry" weight. I thought that meant no fluids. Turns out that in a yank, it means no fridge, no aircon and no microwave! How dodgy is that?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back