Gerda and I (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Tomorrow's the big day, I'm off to collect her. :dance2: After months of hard thinking, big decisions, having to learn a totally new language (EHU, cassette, winterised, etc., etc.), parting with a lot of money too (at least for me), it is finally getting real. Off early on the train as she is a LOOOOOOOOONG way away. Slightly apprehensive about the drive back. But decided it is easier than trying to carry loads of stuff on the train. Night here on the drive, then a day down to Ashdown Forest, back here for the night, then 2 nights on a CL the other side of Haywards Heath, back here on Christmas Eve to work (but reckon I'll still sleep in her). Off again on Boxing Day to the New Forest, 2 CL's until Mon 2nd.
I'll try to get some sleep tonight...:Grin:

OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Thank you all. Will get a photo sorted as soon as I can (think tomorrow).
Yes, I'm up early, ridiculously early according to some, but I did sleep really well and woke up on the dot of 4.27am, normal time.
Well, it seems I have waited forever for this day.
Thank you to everyone on this forum for the warm welcome and the oodles of advice, very much appreciated. I'm sure I will need an awful lot more advice...
:thanks3:

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What an exciting day, don't forget to take in all the information on the hand over make notes, heating water switches cassette gas make sure you have an idea of the working of all these things. Enjoy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Enjoy your special day. Why is it that MHs always seem to be a long journey away. At least it will get you even more excited once your on route to collect.

Aaah the driveway sleepover. Think most of us do that. Quick way of learning what you haven't packed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Thank you everybody. I got home safe. M1 being closed didn't help things, but well, plenty of practice going slow and one can use the on-board facilities when you're on motorway not going anywhere!
The very last bit with the little country lanes in the dark and me being tired was a bit stressful though.
Have so far been spending my morning being surprised at how much stuff disappears into all those little cubbyholes, may need sticky notes though to remember what I put where.
Will spend more time going through things with the little list of notes I made.
Today we'll just go for a little outing, getting used to the size and all that.
And I'll remember to take a photo.
Thank you all
Sophie

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sophie so pleased for you!! There is no rush on a MH its about the journey and we try not to drive at night if possible!!
Good luck and safe travels!!

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you all. Will get a photo sorted as soon as I can (think tomorrow).
Yes, I'm up early, ridiculously early according to some, but I did sleep really well and woke up on the dot of 4.27am, normal time.
Well, it seems I have waited forever for this day.
Thank you to everyone on this forum for the warm welcome and the oodles of advice, very much appreciated. I'm sure I will need an awful lot more advice...
:thanks3:

Looking forward to the photos. :)

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Hi Sophie
Which CL near Haywards Heath are you using? Also we love the Ashdowm Forest for daytime stops (sadly no overnighting allowed although I am sure people do) Plenty of Parking with great walks and views

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Ashdown Forest is a beautiful place indeed. Luckily not too far from here so will go again. Sadly it wasn't very nice weather, so I didn't get a lot of walking in, neither any sketching. Did manage to take some photos that I may be able to use for a drawing or painting. It was good to get some more driving in. Thought it was very civilised to arrive and be able to make a cup of tea. The CL we are off to tomorrow is in Ansty. After Christmas a few days in Bartley and then Crow for another few days. Here she is. And yes, I will be sleeping on the drive again tonight.

DSC04028 comp.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
We had a lovely time in Ansty, would have been nice to have been able to stay for a bit longer. But that's for after Christmas. First real sense that it is the right decision. I can see myself living in here. It will take some time still to sort myself out and work out how to best do things, but the kitchen counter makes a great surface to paint on, just the right height. And the light in here is pretty good, even on a dull day. It was good to finally feel settled enough to get some painting going.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back