George Clarke camper conversation (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Did anyone see this on Amazing Spaces last night? A lady did a DIY self build it looked good but I'm sure it's not safe or legal. Almost certainly it will be overweight, she panelled the roof in wood and also used wood for the cupboards, the gas cylinder was fitted internally. This is the second week running they have shown a "dodgy" conversation, I'm surprised they don't do more checks

Last edited:

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
This is a subject you know about, think of the scams being enticed or enacted where the viewing public have little or no knowledge of. It's entertainment for the

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Thought the woman did amazing with the campervan. I did think about weight but not insulation. The observatory was brilliant wonder what the cost was.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Did anyone see this on Amazing Spaces last night? A lady did a DIY self build it looked good but I'm sure it's not safe or legal. Almost certainly it will be overweight, she panelled the roof in wood and also used wood for the cupboards, the gas cylinder was fitted internally. This is the second week running they have shown a "dodgy" conversation, I'm surprised they don't do more checks
First thoughts were "OMG.... payload, payload and more payload". All in the negative

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The observatory was fantastic
That observatory was not only brilliantly engineered and cleverly constructed in a really great steampunk way but also superbly made and literally out of this world. Plywood gears!!! Best thing I have ever seen on amazing spaces, as to be honest as Bluemanc100 says, there is a whole load of crap on there.

P.S. The Shack made out of scrap was pretty good as well but not my sort of thing

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Most campervans by leading makes have the gas bottles inside

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
anybody got a link to pics ?

BuilderBob

Free Member
Apr 29, 2017
nn297tl
Funster No
MH
E745 Bessacar
Exp
12yrs
The building that was erected on the site of an old garage didn't ring true, they said they built it themselves out of scrap, yet it had one of the nicest oak frames I have ever seen, loads of beautifully fitted beams, if the the frame wasn't made and erected by a company I'll eat my hat.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
The building that was erected on the site of an old garage didn't ring true, they said they built it themselves out of scrap, yet it had one of the nicest oak frames I have ever seen, loads of beautifully fitted beams, if the the frame wasn't made and erected by a company I'll eat my hat.

I’m sure it showed them sawing joints and hammering it together but it certainly wasn’t made from scrap oak.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Thought exactly the same myself and wondered what carnage there would be in the back after the first emergency stop! 👍

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I've only watched a few of his programs, there all a bit 'samey' for me.

The one I have seen with converted buses, vans or whatever, don't strike me as being meant as a touring vehicle, more like being driven to a plot of land and lived in as a house.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Thought the woman did amazing with the campervan. I did think about weight but not insulation. The observatory was brilliant wonder what the cost was.
I wasn't concentrating too closely but I think it came in at under 10k, van included.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back