LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
whats the difference between a ordinary genny and a inverter genny please i found 1 on ebay from austria Link Removed which could be at a really good price any info please

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
As far as I know a sinwave is always smooth electric and a normal one can surge and blow things up like puters and tv`s...

Summat like that any way.. :RollEyes::thumb:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
As far as I know a sinwave is always smooth electric and a normal one can surge and blow things up like puters and tv`s...

Summat like that any way.. :RollEyes::thumb:

whats a sinwave ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I dont know.... :RollEyes:

When your having hanky panky with some one elses wife in your M.H and another Funster drives by..:winky:

I think Sinwave is spanish or French for no waves... so it is a constant supply of electric and all smooth... And not going up and down like when an ordinary one can surge and faulter, thus the electric aint smooth..:thumb:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
lol no meant is sinewave the inverter 1 and i would never get a disturbance when in the art of mmmmmmmmmmm :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Try this one then... :thumb:

(Copied).. Pure sine waveA pure sine wave inverter produces a nearly perfect sine wave output (less than 3% total harmonic distortion) that is essentially the same as utility-supplied grid power. Thus it is compatible with all AC electronic devices. This is the type used in grid-tie inverters. Its design is more complex, and costs more per unit power
.........................................................................................................................

Just buy a "Honda" Sine-wave and be happy...

Last edited:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Found this.

An inverter generator typically has an engine that can be run at variable speed depending upon the load. The engine is connected to an efficient alternator whose output is converted to DC by a rectifier and smoothed somewhat by capacitors. This raw DC power is then inverted into smooth AC power of the proper frequency and voltage for the output (for example 110-120VAC 60HZ or 220-240VAC 50 or 60 HZ). Regulation is very good and the system will use less fuel if the load is small or variable since the control system will allow the engine to idle down when the load is small or throttle up when the load is large.

A standard "generator" or "genset" is an engine connected to an alternator and run at a speed that is some multiple of the desired AC frequency, regardless of the load on it (as the load increases the throttle opens more to keep the engine speed the same). The output of the alternator is connected directly to the load. Typical speeds are 1800 or 3600 rpm in the USA for 60HZ power when using a 4-pole or 2-pole alternator respectively. The engine speed control can be as simple as the mechanical feedback governor system used for any constant-speed engine.

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
ok thanks for ya advice i will get a small hamster on a wheel they never slow down :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
ok thanks for ya advice i will get a small hamster on a wheel they never slow down :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Are you sure Hamsters are allowed any more :Doh:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
whats the difference between a ordinary genny and a inverter genny please i found 1 on ebay from austria Link Removed which could be at a really good price any info please

Unless you want to faff about mixing oil and petrol I wouldn't bother.
It's a 2 stroke engine.

Why isn't the original packing available ?
Possibly re-badged cheap Chinese made ?

I would be very wary.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The pure sine wave is a bit of a red herring. A cheap non inverter genny will produce a pure sine wave simply as a natural effect of the way it is generated. The problem is the voltage is not particularly stable and this is why an inverter genny, which does have a constant voltage regardless of load or speed, is kinder to your vans electronics.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
To put it simply, a pure sinewave generator uses an inverter to convert the voltage to a fully regulated and stable level even if the engine is not kept at the same revs. A standard generator will produce a sinewave (as already mentioned) the output voltage goes through an automatic voltage regulator but can fluctuate if the engine speeds up or slows down.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Cheap non-inverter generators produce wild fluctuations in voltage. In attempting to govern this, the wave form may be truncated to match the target 230V RMS AC output. This can result in a square wave form (as the peaks of the sine wave are cut off) and this can be very damaging to sensitive equipment. A similar problem can occur when over-driving a cheaper HiFi amplifier by loading it with speakers that are too demanding for the quality of the amp, then whacking up the volume: the wave gets 'clipped' at the peaks and the resulting square form wave destroys the speaker coils.

Have a look at this paper from Sterling Power (it's a bit old now, but still relevant): Link Removed

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp

Quite expensive on postage over there! I have a dealership for an Austrian company. They posted me a cable last week - on a small jiffy bag, only a piece of auto cable about three feet long. £40 postage.

Check the postage/import costs before you go ahead! On the plus side, their postage is very efficient - ordered at 4pm, tracker has it at the airport terminal being loaded by 6pm.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
This sale look's like from a private person, and not from a company, private person NO Garentee, 2, if from a company then why no fixed price 3 could it be a scam? watch out,:thumb:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
the only suit case model i could find and is exactly the same looking and color etc, except different sellers stickers is from Swiss kraft,to me it looks like a cheap Chinese imitation, be on your guard Bill,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back