Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
we found that things like a halogen oven keep switching on and off while cooking---when running on a genny, this switching causes the genny to keep surging, this is quite annoying for people nearby (the bigger the genny the less you notice it) . We feel that the sound of a CONSTANT, even running genny ALMOST dissapears, so I would think alot of equipment would be better running on an inverter (we run our toaster from ours,) then charge the batteries when convienent.-------A/C is different:Doh:But we are never anywhere hot enough to use it, (if we were, like our US road-trip, we stopped on campgrounds with EHU)
Nigel & Pamala

bungle.bear

Free Member
Oct 14, 2011
peterborough
Funster No
MH
Self build van conversion
Exp
Hi All

I need some advice on size, we would like a generator that will run microwave,hair dryer,halogen oven,

Thanks

Di:Confused::Confused::Confused:

Most Microwaves will work from a 2kW genset, However if you have a combi microware you will need 3kW,

I use my combi microwave from a 2kW Onan generator with assistance from a 1.6kW Victron inverter/charger, this gives me the best of both world. Quiet power up to 1.6kW of load (Laptop, phone charger and Tv) then generator only up to 2kW for longer larger loads (kettle, coffee machine & toater) then a combination of both for Combi Microwave.

Anthony

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Most Microwaves will work from a 2kW genset, However if you have a combi microware you will need 3kW,

I use my combi microwave from a 2kW Onan generator with [HI]assistance from a 1.6kW Victron inverter/charger[/HI], this gives me the best of both world. Quiet power up to 1.6kW of load (Laptop, phone charger and Tv) then generator only up to 2kW for longer larger loads (kettle, coffee machine & toater) then a combination of both for Combi Microwave.

Anthony

Excellent units, same as I fitted to the RV .. :thumb:

but you forgot to mention the price ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back