LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
have you been alowed to use yours ? and how often.the reason i ask is mine is broke,is it worth the money to have it fixed? would the space be better for more batteries?
dave

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
We use ours whenever we don't have hookup. We don't use it too early in the morning or late at night and would not be without it. At the moment my tv etc. is 240v and I don't have an inverter installed so needs must ::bigsmile:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I use mine (Kippor 1k) when not on hook up. I find 2/3 hrs a day is enough to charge my batteries, run lights, tele, sky box etc (all 12v) and cook a main meal in our Remoska. We never run it before 9am then ensuring our neighbors are all up and about and never after 7pm. Not sure what you mean about being allowed to run it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
I have never been told to not use mins Dave unless you are including some of the whinging that goes on elsewhere :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: As I said, no site has ever said I cannot run a genny, most have reasonable rules about times that are acceptable though. I would run mine if I needed to but mostly you can just be careful with your battery usage and won't need to run it, well over a weekend in the summer anyway ::bigsmile:
Personally I would get it sorted out, what is the problem with it? Maybe a chat with Duncan can let you know what you need to fix it??

Keith

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
keith...after fiting new plugs.oil filters i tryed starting it but it would not fire up,left it a while an tryed again and it jamed soil maybe the starter motor when i try it now it just dims the lights.i dont know were the starter is or how to get to it
dave

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Have a word with Dave Evans, he's just down the road from you and may be able to help :winky:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hmm may be the cylinders full of fuel and causing a hydraulic lock
I assume the oil level in the genny is ok?

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
I used to run a generator. Only a suggestion!! The only thing that comes to mind is perhaps your exhaust pipe is clogged badly. Residue builds up and when firing the exhaust does not escape fluently. Another point, have you tried adjusting the air and fuel screws for mixture. Best speak with Dave. I could be wrong.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
have you been alowed to use yours ? and how often.the reason i ask is mine is broke,is it worth the money to have it fixed? would the space be better for more batteries?
dave

Hi Dave

If it's going to be an expensive repair I would consider replacing it with a 1kva Kipor genny and a decent 50 - 70 amp 4 stage charger, Sterling or CTEK, this will recharge your batteries in a couple of hours.

I've replaced my charger with a Victron Phoenix Multiplus Charger/Inverter, this provides 70 amp charging and 1600 watt inverter, I am now going to get a 1kva Kipor for charging rather than run the 5kva on board Kohlar

The reasons for buying the Kipor are that it's quieter, cheaper to run and probably more reliable than the Kohlar .. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
thanks for the replies.
i will go an see dave i know he has one he took out a rv and its in bit's cos i had a look but still could not see a s/motor. if it is a meger bucks jobie ill go down jim's road i think.
dave

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
jim im not sure how your charger works ,mine is a inteli-power9200 with built in charge wizard giveing boost,normal,storage,desulfation would this suffice?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
jim im not sure how your charger works ,mine is a inteli-power9200 with built in charge wizard giveing boost,normal,storage,desulfation would this suffice?

Hi Dave,

yeah, sounds good, what output does it have ?

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
im quoting from the book
boost 14.4 v
normal 13.6 v
storage 13.2 v
equalizing mode 14.4 v for 15 min every 21 hours

ps dont know if it's the exact model i have but the same family
dave

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looks good Dave..

don't suppose you know the current output (amps) ?

OP
OP
lugnutt

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
jim all it say's is...80 watt unit comes with a 20 amp cord
4 models 45 amp...think that what i have.60 amps,80 amps

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Dave, that's a good charger, same as Linda sells.. just need to sort out the genny or get a 1kva Kipor, £200 off eBay .. best of luck :winky:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
As most other people say. If you use your generator at a time of the day when its not going to disturb other folks theres no problem.

Run it for a couple of hours through the day and that should keep your battery ok.

COYB!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back