Generators ? (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
What you need is one of those 750 watt two stroke generators from Aldi, cable tied to your shopping basket and charge the batteries as you drive along (y)

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
What you need is one of those 750 watt two stroke generators from Aldi, cable tied to your shopping basket and charge the batteries as you drive along (y)

As I said I am already able to charge as I drive along with no problem, though it still requires that you take quite a long journey to get the scooter batteries fully charged. :)

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I am trying to understand about pure sine wave. I think it means that the "power" supplied is "clean" and free from irregularites?
Does it also mean that the inverter does not waste battery power when switched on but not under load. i.e. do you keep your switched on all the time with no detriment to the battery reserves?

The attached pdf from Sterling refers to generators, but the explanation of sine wave versus quasi-sine wave (i.e. clipped or square wave form) applies to inverters too.
A PSW inverter will still draw a current from the supplying battery whether or not it is under load. All inverters do this but some draw less than others.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Small Generators.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

glenm

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Mobile full timer Garstang
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Hi Martin and Jen check with Roadpro Daventry £2300 plus fitting I have just had the first one in the UK fitted by them.
Cheers
James

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi James

Looks like a good bit of kit, does it need a special charger. I notices this morning while reading about solar regulators that the Votronic ones now offer a lipo setting.

Looking forward to reading your review when you have given it a good test.

Edit, just read the review in the link above so answered my own question, it is all built in, solar charging as well.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Having read loads of posts about generators and grey water etc I have come to the conclusion that common sense has now become a super power. What's wrong with talking to your neighbours and saying sorry I need to run the generator for....... reasons, what time will cause you least annoyance, 99% of people would be tolerant, I'm afraid you'll always get the 1% :)

Sounds like good policy, AKA "common sense". Sadly too many "intolerant" "gits" around these days!!. Live and let live, with consideration for your neighbours is at a premium in the era the "greed is good"!!

pete

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Appreciate that genes canbe a pain, at a show during the day they should not be a problem so long as you follow the rules. I do have one , but try not to use it and hopefully this year will have solar panels installed. Im surprised by the amount of anti gene feeling, when this year at Peterborough I was surrounded constantly by the sounds of yapping dogs,once one started, up came the rest. I decided to have an early night on the Sunday of the Pb show. About 9.30 the yapping started, was constant, finally ceased about 11.20, so from my perpective a gene would have been preferable anyday. Gene operators would probablybeenmore considerate, dog owners obviouslyat the entertainment. By the way, I ama dog owner, partner does not do the shows,we both love dogs, but at least the gene can be switched off.

Bodie

Free Member
Jun 2, 2015
Swinton,South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
11 yrs
Hi guys, I too own an efoy, it's four years old now but still works great, I own a garage and mot station and have modified the Foyt container so that I can re fill it, a firm on the Wirral supply high quality methanol which cost literally pence for a fifty gallon container, the fuel is a real rip off in my opinion if purchased from efoy.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi guys, I too own an efoy, it's four years old now but still works great, I own a garage and mot station and have modified the Foyt container so that I can re fill it, a firm on the Wirral supply high quality methanol which cost literally pence for a fifty gallon container, the fuel is a real rip off in my opinion if purchased from efoy.

HiBodie
We only use our efoy when it's not good/convenient to run the gennie--------because of the cost of the fuel:(:(-----I will seriously consider buying methanol in big drums------how do you transfer the methanol to the efoy containers (I already have one with a hole/plug in the top------don't ask)------how long do you reckon the fuel would be usable for once the drum has been opened ??
Nigel & Pamala

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
All the complaints seem to be about the noise generators make, I have two a kipor 2.2 and a chinese diesel 3.3kva that is a standby at home for cuts, the kipor just purrs quietly in the corner but the other one would rattle the gates of hell, maybe I will take that to the next rally for early morning reveille to get them all up in time for butty time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back