Generators,opinions required (1 Viewer)

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
they should all be banned, they are nothing but a nuisence, noisey old rattle boxes going off all over the place,and they do no good for the envoiroment,should be on the spot fines for using them,and confiscation,:Angry:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
they should all be banned, they are nothing but a nuisence, noisey old rattle boxes going off all over the place,and they do no good for the envoiroment,should be on the spot fines for using them,and confiscation,:Angry:

And this is coming from a man that run is all day long at the cotton arms pub:Angry::Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
they should all be banned, they are nothing but a nuisence, noisey old rattle boxes :ROFLMAO::thumb:,and they do no good for the envoiroment ,should be on the spot fines for using them,and confiscation,:Angry:

We are talking HONDA here then Derek: Rofl1::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

After 3 day's of your unknown make whisper genny at Shrewsbury anything kinda on the ear than that:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SAS where going to silence it permanently if you didn't need it for the chair:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
After 3 day's of your unknown make whisper genny at Shrewsbury anything kinda on the ear than that:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SAS where going to silence it permanently if you didn't need it for the chair:ROFLMAO:

I hear Smudger is all solar now, 10 panels = 1440 amp on the roof, one dozen 110amp= 1320 amp hour of batteries in the boot....3 ton of lead in the batteries 1 ton of solar panels to pull around .........lets hope it never rains :winky:..... or John he will want to plug into your 1kva KIPOR:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Smudger and his genny

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rac3mIMvqtg[/ame]

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
I hear Smudger is all solar now, 10 panels = 1440 amp on the roof, one dozen 110amp= 1320 amp hour of batteries in the boot....3 ton of lead in the batteries 1 ton of solar panels to pull around .........lets hope it never rains :winky:..... or John he will want to plug into your 1kva KIPOR:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

No lead in batteries as he as weighed it in:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just had to replace our Kipor 1000 (the original decided it was time to fill its sump with fuel) and ended up with another Kipor 1000. Since then, I've noticed they're brought out a 700/750 (not sure which) model which is a little smaller, a little lighter and a little quieter than the 1000 yet would still be fine for charging batteries and running the TV which is basically all we need.

Might do the trick if weight is more important than total output.

mine did the same trick at haganaps bring n buy last year.

if you let it run dry and left the tank cap vent open and the ign switch on then it will flood the crank case when refueled and not started.

what i didnt realise was the ign switch is also the fuel tap.

drained the sump, put in fresh oil and started it.....smoked like hell for 10 mins then ran fine, until the invertor board died in its sleep.

if you still have the old one i may be interested in buying it.

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi Pappajoh now that's interesting (the bit about sumps filling with oil). I don't think I'd left the on/off switch on, but the switch on top of the fuel filler cap had certainly not been closed properly when I put it away last year.

Son-in-law Michael, who knows about things mechanical, is currently seeing if he can restore it to full vim and vigour. If so, he'll be keeping it so I'm afraid it won't be for sale.

We ran this older one and my brand new one side-by-side and I have to say that the older one is significantly quieter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back