Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
We also have a new 891M even when the batteries are fully charged the indicators on the control panel only reads 2/3 charged.

Hmmm, perhaps it's just a Rapido thing. The only time ours goes above 2/3 is when we plug into the mains. LEDs are a good idea too.

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Daft question but what makes you think the battery was low, is it a volt meter or a meter that shows red yellow green or similar.

From memory, there is an indicator panel with Low, 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 printed underneath. Each section has two lights. Our system stayed on the lower of the 2/3 setting. To me it was ok, not worried, but hubby has got a bee in his bonnet on this one. Sigh. Anyone would think he was running out of air. If he keeps harping on about it, he soon will be. :ROFLMAO:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Rapido 966

Same thing

Only reads full when on EHU

Or for a few min after driving then back to 4 of the five blocks never had a problem.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
From memory, there is an indicator panel with Low, 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 printed underneath. Each section has two lights. Our system stayed on the lower of the 2/3 setting. To me it was ok, not worried, but hubby has got a bee in his bonnet on this one. Sigh. Anyone would think he was running out of air. If he keeps harping on about it, he soon will be. :ROFLMAO:

I really dont think you have any problem.
As has been said somewhere else on this thread, try running a few appliances and see how long the battery last.
Just go away for a weekend and stick some masking tape over the meter and ignor it. :ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you don't want to lift things why not get a reasonable amount of solar. We were at Peterborough and every day except Friday (very dull) or batteries were fully charged before midday even though we had used a hairdrier for two of us (OK I don't have too much hair) and the electric toaster on a couple of mornings, both via inverter.. We were getting a peak of 19A plus in the middle of the day.
We have 4 panels 100w and two 125Ah batteries.

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
All genny's should be banned from rallies, here I am after 20 yrs Motorcaravanning going to the expense of three 80A Gell Leisure batteries plus a good solar panel, with all the modern electric gear, enjoying the peace of the country side when some W****r comes along, sticks a Genny 3m from his van under mine and expects people to be happy and understanding. If you want that much power b****r off to a campsite were you can have all the facilities and pay for them.
That's my rant over, PLEASE be aware how invasive Generators are.
After all we are the friendly Club.
You will know my van, it has SAS stickers on the back box.
Best Regards Mac

tattytony

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
All genny's should be banned from rallies, here I am after 20 yrs Motorcaravanning going to the expense of three 80A Gell Leisure batteries plus a good solar panel, with all the modern electric gear, enjoying the peace of the country side when some W****r comes along, sticks a Genny 3m from his van under mine and expects people to be happy and understanding. If you want that much power b****r off to a campsite were you can have all the facilities and pay for them.
Best Regards Mac
Have you ever thought that some people might need them for medical equipment?

maacracing

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
dundee
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Best Regards Mac

Other people want to enjoy being away in there vans and have different needs its not just how you see it

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i need mine to blow me missus up she deflates after a day :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.