generator failed to start - happy ending

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by des, Apr 13, 2008.

1. des

des

Ratings:
    +0
    when i went to dave's motorhomes for a small job to be done, he kindly adjusted the skew angle on the satellite dish for me. to test it, i started the generator. well, no i didn't as it was completely dead. a quick examination showed no smell of petrol, so put in another 50 quids worth in case drawing from above the fuel level. no joy. so, yesterday i took it back to be sorted. much embarrasment all round. not petrol, but lpg! tap turned off on tank, so no go! never heard of an lpg genny on a petrol rv. anyway, delighted with outcome as genny now half the price to run as i thought.

des

2. American Dream

American Dream

Ratings:
    +156
  3. moandick

moandick

Ratings:
    +113
    Oh dear, Des - that was quite an eventful trip down here for Easter, wasn't it?

Still, as you say - probably cheaper to run the genny now than pay for site electrics :thumb:

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Ratings:
    +6,748
    A tip for what its worth...

If you have an engine that will not start, if you haven't got any easy start, tip a spoonfull or more of petrol down the air intake, invariably gets it going............. (providing you have the fuel supply turned on!:ROFLMAO:)

Peter

5. American Dream

American Dream

Ratings:
    +156