Gemini 9570T assistance required (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Our second hand Bailey has been fitted wth a Gemini 7590T2-1 alarm.

We are currently in France and have somehow managed to get this system out of synch so that it will not lock the habitation door. We have found the manual almost impossible to understand and have seen other posters who confirm the lack of assistance offered by the manual.

We thought we'd mastered the Gemini sufficient for our needs as follows:

To lock the van when we are leaving it, carefully press the upper dimpled button on the fob ensuring not to inadvertently press the lower button as well. This would lock the cab doors and the habitation door. It would give a hearty clunking sound, the turn indicators would flash a couple of times and there would be two short beeps.

When we were in the van for the night, we'd press the upper dimpled button to lock everything and then after a couple of seconds, press the lower button. This disarmed the internal sensors in the van meaning that all the doors were locked but you could move around in the van. In the morning, the first person up would press the top dimpled button to unlock the doors (including the habitation door) leave by the habitation door and also open and then close a cab door. This way the siren didn't go off.

All worked well with the doors locking and opening to order, disarming the sensors in the van and not setting off the alarm in the morning. Then we wondered whether we needed to open the cab door after opening the habitation door in the morning. So we experimented and guess what; we set off the alarm. To disable the alarm, we pushed the lower button, and the dimpled upper button and managed to switch of the alarm but now we cannot get the alarm to lock the habitation door. We can lock it manually from inside the van but not using the remote fob. it locks the cab doors, flashes the turn indicators and beeps twice but the habitation door remains unlocked.

This clearly limits what we can do with the van at present as we can't leave it unlocked and whilst I don't feel anxious sleeping in the van knowing the habitation door isn't locked, my wife does and it is clearly not optimal.

Searching this site has indicated that Carl Meyer owner of 'Outsmart the Thief' who has a business near York has been really helpful to others with Gemini alarm systems however, I don't feel I can ask him for help given that the system wasn't supplied of fitted by him. Coincidentally, Outsmart the Thief is near to York where we live and when we return to the UK in September, I will make an appointment for the alarm to be checked by this business on a purely business basis.

In the meantime, it seems to me that someone else may have had the same problem with the Gemini alarm and that there may simply be a sequence of buttons that will re-set, so to speak the system that we have clearly thrown out of synch by our inexperienced experiments. We both ask ourselves, "why on earth did we mess with seeing whether we needed to open a cab door in the morning! why didn't we just leave well alone whilst it worked. It was hardly an onerous task Oh Please!!"

Hey ho! any assistance gratefully received.

Ingwe

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back