W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Well we had a great time at Newark and whilst there i had a good nosey around all the Electric bikes that was avaliable and as usal there was alot, Anyway i test rode everyone as i was not going to spend over £500 if i couldn't get on with it, Anyway i then found out that Red Dragon Steve was looking for one for his wife Yingying but was unaware at this time if he was going to buy one,

After about 4 hrs of riding and trying every single one i could and about 4 three times i ended up going over to one that was at the far end of the show that i had not tried before i made my decision, So i borrowed one of theres for about 20mins and i was so impressed by not just the build but how well it performed, I purchased one at a cost of £645.00.. :Eeek:

Now i bought this so i could use it for work, Which is what i have done today, And i am over the moon i have shaved over 5mins off the car journey instead of 20mins it is now 13mins, I have used no fuel :thumb:, I have used it on pedal assits most the way and got alittle fitter, But most of all them hills are a piece of cake to ride up ::bigsmile:..

So so far a great purchase and i am looking forward to using it more as it is so fun passing other cyclists and saying "Good Morning" as they are out of breath struggerling up a hill as i sail past..

Craig

Only sad thing motorhome is back at Fiat weeing oil on floor :cry: But is being sorted under warranty again.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I bought one from AS Bikes at Great Malvern. I just love it. Could have done with it all those years I sat in the morning rush hour. Mine's a folding bike and step-through. ::bigsmile: A least I can get my leg over now. STOP IIIIIIT! :roflmto:
Ivy

CURLYCORNFLAKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
North of Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well done

haha great to see you trying the bike out Craig glad its worked out OK for work.
most impressive thing about the bike was seeing Jim road test it at about 30 miles an hour.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
haha great to see you trying the bike out Craig glad its worked out OK for work.
most impressive thing about the bike was seeing Jim road test it at about 30 miles an hour.

I was racing young JJ.::bigsmile: I know, Sian tells me, I'm just a big kid:Blush:

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
which?

Well we had a great time at Newark and whilst there i had a good nosey around all the Electric bikes that was avaliable and as usal there was alot, Anyway i test rode everyone as i was not going to spend over £500 if i couldn't get on with it, Anyway i then found out that Red Dragon Steve was looking for one for his wife Yingying but was unaware at this time if he was going to buy one,

After about 4 hrs of riding and trying every single one i could and about 4 three times i ended up going over to one that was at the far end of the show that i had not tried before i made my decision, So i borrowed one of theres for about 20mins and i was so impressed by not just the build but how well it performed, I purchased one at a cost of £645.00.. :Eeek:

Now i bought this so i could use it for work, Which is what i have done today, And i am over the moon i have shaved over 5mins off the car journey instead of 20mins it is now 13mins, I have used no fuel :thumb:, I have used it on pedal assits most the way and got alittle fitter, But most of all them hills are a piece of cake to ride up ::bigsmile:..

So so far a great purchase and i am looking forward to using it more as it is so fun passing other cyclists and saying "Good Morning" as they are out of breath struggerling up a hill as i sail past..

Craig

Only sad thing motorhome is back at Fiat weeing oil on floor :cry: But is being sorted under warranty again.

We have decided to invest in electric bikes (as we are not getting any younger) and would be interested to know which one you bought,( pm me if you dont want to advertise ) would be grateful
thanks

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
We have decided to invest in electric bikes (as we are not getting any younger) and would be interested to know which one you bought,( pm me if you dont want to advertise ) would be grateful
thanks

I have no problem with that this is the link from Geebikes - http://www.geebikes.co.uk/Geebikes/Ventoux.html Tell them Craig from coventry that bought it one at Newark sent you to them and you might get it at show price :winky:

Craig

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
:Cool:Nice one Craig:thumb:
Really pleased you have done the work trip and it exceeded your expectations.
My wife (Jinxia), Yingying being the daughter:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: is also over the moon with her "GEEBIKE" so it would appear we both found the ideal bike after a lot of intensive scrutiny of all the bikes that were there.

Steve::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Ooops sorry Steve lmao..... Yes they seem to be superb but one thing i will say and you proberbly know but just incase, The power meter will go down when you hit hills or pull off on a hardstart on the handle bars this is not battery low it is showing you how much power is being pulled and how much harder it is using power, I thought it was low battery or problem with meter but then i read the manual :ROFLMAO: RTFM! ccomes to mind..

Craig

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

Craig

Hi We bought two from AS Bikes last week at the FOL rally, seen him at all the shows quality bikes, £645 each 36v battery and 250 motor, with two carry bags, role on Spain. pete :thumb::thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I bought 2 AS bikes 12 months ago from their depot near Coventry, folded I can fit them both in the rear lounge of my Autoquest 120. Been a trouble free 12 months although at nearly 14st in hindsight, I probably would have gone for the 36v rather than 24v that I did. Having said that I can get a 20 mile trip out of mine and thats quite far enough (saddles aren't like car seats). One thing you will need to look out for though is the fact that they are extremely attractive looking bikes and draw a lot of attention wherever you go with them, make sure they are well chained up!! :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Update!....

Well i have been using it everyday to work and all is well and great fun lol.. I reckon i have saved at least £15 this week in fuel which will go into paying for the bike so i aint saved any lmao..:Doh: but i am getting more exercise than driving so all good. so far i have managed 14 miles before i charged it and at that point it was starting to see a difference in power...

But as i am 19st and was using max power i am happy ::bigsmile:

Craig

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
More Update!!

Well i have been using this baby everyday since i have had it even in the rain like today lol, Anyway i have managed a 18mile trip with 60% battery still left :winky: and i have to say it is saving me a hell of alot of dollar using it and worry free getting to work as i never get stuck in a traffic jam, I have timed a work college from my house on the way to work and this was the out come... This was peak morning times

3.2mile trip via road for car total time 23mins with 50/50 traffic no real hold up.

2.9mile trip for bike road/path/grass no traffic passed friend in car arrived at wotk in 13mins 10min saving and a big smile..

Craig

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Glad to see you're still at it, but will you still be cycling in January?::bigsmile:

Have you tried the playing card on the spokes yet, at top speed on a leccy bike it'll sound great::bigsmile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
AS Bikes Coventry

Hi guys following on from your thread. The only bikes I haven't looked at is the Gee bike that you mention. Went to NEC and back to Chris Green's fishing meet with two brand new 36volt folders from AS bikes of coventry.

Just re-read the thread and see I'm not their only customer. The butt welds looked better than most, he offers the cheapest replacement batteries in the UK and gives the best customer service of any suppliers (his words not mine).

He also attends ALL of the shows. Several days on and at least 10 miles on the bikes and still showing full battery meter.

Very pleased with purchase. Go for the 36volt not the 24volt though.................Griff:thumb:

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Believe me, Peters service and after sales is second to none ..

We have 5 or 6 of his bikes in the family .. Mo an I did over 115 miles on ours during our summer break !!

Mine has now covered over 2000 miles now ( from memory.. will have to check the wee speedo to be sure but that is close enough )..

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
I bought two of these bikes and as they are not classes as a motor vehicle I have fitted 2 A frames to the rear of my motorhome and Im gonna drive past all the guards of seville and the police stations to try and provoke dem to stop me for avin and A frame or two.....

btw how many Spanish Police does it take to prosecute a funster with an A Frame

Just Juan

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
I hate this thread.

I hate this thread.
I had made my mind up and was all sorted, now having read this thread I need to think long and hard again.
There is a tow bar fitted on the motor home we will be picking up soon and I found watling do a scooter carrier and was all set to get a scooter on the back because the motor home is rated at 3800 kg so should take the weight on the back and now I don’t know what to do:Sad:
John

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins

Like you we replaced our electric bikes this year, our old ones were great but just not what we needed for variosus reasons mainly back problems, so we decided to go away from folders to full sized bikes.

The clincher was at a show when Dodgey found my bikes fitted in his locker they never came out :ROFLMAO: sold.

So at Shepton top of the shopping list two new bikes, we rode every bike at the show (well it felt like it) as said before Peters reputation is second to none at the shows, unfortunately we didn't like his bikes no disrespect they are super value for money and as said his reputation speaks for it's self.

Some dealers just wanted to sell us abike others spent time an trouble with us, now I am always one for a deal, one dealer told me thats my price I can sell as many as I want so that was two he didn't sell to me.

I then tried the Freego now I had never heard of them and they seemed a little pricy at £1,000 each, so that night on the interweb.
turns out they have dealers nationwide and you can take it to your nearest dealer if you have problems, it also comes with a two year warrenty on every thing including the battery but not the frame that has four years.

Next day back to the dealer another test ride, the decision is almost made, as I said we both have back injuries but Rosies is much worse than mine, she needed a step through but the handle bars didnt adjust very well for her so they changed the bars and saddle for a one that worked for her and these were upgrades more exspensive.

The deal was done after I changed my saddle as well and both had a set of very nice panniers the cost for the two after all the dealing swapping etc. £1690.00 result I did however have an imediate problem with play in my handle bar stem so went back, couldn't do any thing at the show, but two days later in the post came anew upgraded handle bar stem.

So far these have been fantastic we have only done 60 miles or so but we are looking forward to using them much more next year.

All the best Rick

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi guys following on from your thread. The only bikes I haven't looked at is the Gee bike that you mention. Went to NEC and back to Chris Green's fishing meet with two brand new 36volt folders from AS bikes of coventry.

Just re-read the thread and see I'm not their only customer. The butt welds looked better than most, he offers the cheapest replacement batteries in the UK and gives the best customer service of any suppliers (his words not mine).

He also attends ALL of the shows. Several days on and at least 10 miles on the bikes and still showing full battery meter.

Very pleased with purchase. Go for the 36volt not the 24volt though.................Griff:thumb:

Is there a website for this guy and his product
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

added........... is this them?

http://www.folding-bikes.net/asbikes/how_to_find_us.php

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I hate this thread.
I had made my mind up and was all sorted, now having read this thread I need to think long and hard again.
There is a tow bar fitted on the motor home we will be picking up soon and I found watling do a scooter carrier and was all set to get a scooter on the back because the motor home is rated at 3800 kg so should take the weight on the back and now [HI]I don’t know what to do[/HI]:Sad:
John

I don't intend cycling hundred of miles so I have a scooter also, but it all goes in the Garage. Needed the bikes for short haul to the shops or beach, but if you've got a few miles to cover go for a scooter, 125 not 50cc if you are riding two up.

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Nice to see this post alive again and reminds me i need to update lol..

Had the electric folder from GeeBikes now for over a month and i have used it everyday to work and i mean everyday not one missed i love it to bits it has been a life changer, I have cover in the time i got it over 450miles and going, I charge it every night as it is lithium thats what we do lol. Its a 6.8 mile all round journey to work with hills some days i just use full electric hahaha, but the hills are a struggle so i have to help alittle,

I have only had one thing i dont like and thats the spokes on the rear keep working loose and pinging which i have learnt to now true wheels myself hahaha, i am worried them may break or something but all ok so far anyway.

I am very pleased with GeeBikes and i will be writing a email to them, I can say that i am proberbly saving about £130 a month with this i go everywhere with it, It sits in my hall during the week and weekends goes in the garage to rest it is a workhorse and to date the big difference with alittle help on a diet i have lost over 2stone in 8 weeks, and feel great.

Make the move people go electric bike everyone i have let have ago have all said its amazing...

Craig

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Nice to see this post alive again and reminds me i need to update lol..

Had the electric folder from GeeBikes now for over a month and i have used it everyday to work and i mean everyday not one missed i love it to bits it has been a life changer, I have cover in the time i got it over 450miles and going, I charge it every night as it is lithium thats what we do lol. Its a 6.8 mile all round journey to work with hills some days i just use full electric hahaha, but the hills are a struggle so i have to help alittle,

I have only had one thing i dont like and thats the spokes on the rear keep working loose and pinging which i have learnt to now true wheels myself hahaha, i am worried them may break or something but all ok so far anyway.

I am very pleased with GeeBikes and i will be writing a email to them, I can say that i am proberbly saving about £130 a month with this i go everywhere with it, It sits in my hall during the week and weekends goes in the garage to rest it is a workhorse and to date the big difference with alittle help on a diet i have lost over 2stone in 8 weeks, and feel great.

Make the move people go electric bike everyone i have let have ago have all said its amazing...

Craig

Am I missing something, or is it just me? I'm in the market for an electric bike, and if the spokes keep coming loose Geebikes are off my list. I certaintly wouldn't recomend them!

Malcolm

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Mine came from ASbikes.co.uk and I just love it. I did over 20 miles last weekend and use it most days when it's not too windy or raining. Yes, I'm a wuss, but who cares. It would have been so useful when I was working, going in and out of Leeds every day. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Hi We bought two from AS Bikes last week at the FOL rally, seen him at all the shows quality bikes, £645 each 36v battery and 250 motor, with two carry bags, role on Spain. pete :thumb::thumb:

Also got one from A,S bikes, got back from cornwall a couple weeks ago, and with pedel assist made it out of Looe and Polperro, used also on the IW,and am using it daily (weather permiting )::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Am I missing something, or is it just me? I'm in the market for an electric bike, and if the spokes keep coming loose Geebikes are off my list. I certaintly wouldn't recomend them!

Malcolm

Nope your not missing anything, i am 18st and if you read up properly on the net about most electric bikes there is a massive problem with spokes on small wheeled ones with spokes coming loose due to the stress on them, I have yet to have one break and i have sorted them all, Also the service from Geebikes is amazing just like ASbikes as everyone says, I didnt like the fact ASBikes was so big headed about his bikes and that he is the best dealer even he said that,

I was more impressed with the GeeBike when i had ago on it after riding every bike i could over two days, And as i have proberbly covered more than most would on theres in a life time i suspect having a few spokes come loose in my eyes is not worth worrying about, Also geebikes have already said i can have some spokes if i need them and guess what FOC!

Try here if you really want to know what the best electric bike is -

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forum.php

Another 6-7 miles done today with no problems not even a loose spoke..

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back