Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
It's just my opinion but isn't it becoming more and more farcical with these GCSE exam results. Is it now true to say that 83% of 16 year olds are cleverer than the average 16 year old. Am I alone in spotting a touch of irony in that.

Bring on the day when you can sit 8 exams and pass 9.

Despite all this, I'll still be collecting the tops off Weetabix boxes; I just need another six and I get my bachelors degree.

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
It's just my opinion but isn't it becoming more and more farcical with these GCSE exam results. Is it now true to say that 83% of 16 year olds are cleverer than the average 16 year old. Am I alone in spotting a touch of irony in that.

Bring on the day when you can sit 8 exams and pass 9.

Despite all this, I'll still be collecting the tops off Weetabix boxes; I just need another six and I get my bachelors degree.

I couldn't agree with you more, Bernard - and I speak as one with a son currently at university ....

I've got a couple of spare Weetabix tops left over from my BA, if you need a hand .... :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Brits are by far the cleverest kid in the world.

Wished this system had been about in my day.

No losers:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We have had American students staying with us and our education standards are far higher than theirs.
Do not disparage the exam results, the candidates do work very hard and the exams are now designed not to just be a test of memory but reasoning and analysis of facts.
The levels I undertook at college are now being done in secondary schools.
With the advances in knowledge and techological progress exam systems need to evolve to meet these new challenges. I do disagree with the AS exams as a complete waste of effort.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Statistics, statistics and more statistics...

Do you realise that 74% of over 21's in the UK do not realise that the word "gullible" does not appear in any English dictionary? :winky:

JJ :Cool:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Statistics, statistics and more statistics...

Do you realise that 74% of over 21's in the UK do not realise that the word "gullible" does not appear in any English dictionary? :winky:

JJ :Cool:
So you were the one who looked it up to make sure were you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back