GB out and UK in (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2014
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Do not own one, but I dri
Exp
I`m a newbie
When I left Folkstone on the Shuttle on September 3rd, the GOV.UK website referred to displaying GB stickers and gave no warning of what was to happen on September 28th.

I now discover that UK stickers must replace GB stickers and I`m in Andalusia until the end of October.
Fortunately I have a small amount of time to ask family/neighbours to post UK stickers to me and hope that they will arrive in time.
Finances of Spanish and French Governments are such that I fear that the respective Police Forces will make a small fortune by fining English drivers who are not displaying the UK sticker.
Why we were not given advance notice of the changeover date or why it was not effective from 1st January 2022 is beyond me.

Are you all prepared for the change ?

May 9, 2011
Cheshire / Vale De Parra
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55
Exp
Since 2011
When I left Folkstone on the Shuttle on September 3rd, the GOV.UK website referred to displaying GB stickers and gave no warning of what was to happen on September 28th.

I now discover that UK stickers must replace GB stickers and I`m in Andalusia until the end of October.
Fortunately I have a small amount of time to ask family/neighbours to post UK stickers to me and hope that they will arrive in time.
Finances of Spanish and French Governments are such that I fear that the respective Police Forces will make a small fortune by fining English drivers who are not displaying the UK sticker.
Why we were not given advance notice of the changeover date or why it was not effective from 1st January 2022 is beyond me.

Are you all prepared for the change ?
I am in Spain heading to Portugal, tried to order a UK sticker from Amazon, came up can't send to this address, so sent to UK address, been posted today by my daughter, so when we arrive in Algarve should be there for return journey in December.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I very much doubt that any Spanish or French copper would give a damn about what letters you have on the plates.
We are in France and do have U.K. stickers fitted but we got lots of advance notice.
The Funsters information service has been all over this topic for ages. (y)

Moral of this story………spend more time on Fun. :rofl:

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back