Free Member
Feb 6, 2015
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
RV Hi Top
Exp
6 Years
Hi we have a Adria Motorhome with a 11 kg and 6kg Calor bottles the moment we are planning a trip to Dubrovnik and were considering fitting a gas slow bottle is it possible to use Calor and gas slow any help would be appreciated thanks

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi we have a Adria Motorhome with a 11 kg and 6kg Calor bottles the moment we are planning a trip to Dubrovnik and were considering fitting a gas slow bottle is it possible to use Calor and gas slow any help would be appreciated thanks
They can be separate but can't be used together. Obviously if that's your set up then use the Gaslow and keep the Calor in case of emergency. You can top up the Gaslow cylinder at your convenience and only use the Calor if your Gaslow runs out because you cannot replace or refill (exchange) the Calor until you return to the UK. Make sure you've the correct or all adaptors for the Gaslow for the countries you are visiting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
You've put your post in the 'Rallies' section instead of the 'Tech/Mech' forum. ;)
However.
I fitted a 6kg Gaslow refillable (not 'Gas slow' as you wrote) together with a 6kg Calor in 45 mins, including a brew break. Both cylinders are permanently connected with the Calor valve shut as it's only there as a back-up in case I run out of gas in the refillable.
2018-04-21 Gas locker connections 002.JPG

2018-04-21 Gas locker connections 004.JPG

2017-04-03 Gaslow installation Apl 3 2017 005.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

akelly

Free Member
Feb 6, 2015
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
RV Hi Top
Exp
6 Years
Thanks for your help i have a 11kg and i think a 6kg Calor light I was thinking of fitting a 11kg Gasslow and keeping the 6kg calor would I have to get a dealer to fit the set up and would it be a problem going through the tunnel thanks again for your help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Thanks for your help i have a 11kg and i think a 6kg Calor light I was thinking of fitting a 11kg Gasslow and keeping the 6kg calor would I have to get a dealer to fit the set up and would it be a problem going through the tunnel thanks again for your help.
i would just get two gaslow or gas-it you can fit your shelf if you can use a spanner and a screw driver and drill take you a max of two hrs
bill

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Yes, make the refillable the larger one. I've no knowledge of the type of connection on a Calorlite.
I fitted my system as I said, in 45 mins (and I only have use of my left arm and hand - and I still tour abroad on my motorbike ;) ). I'm only an average DIY'er. It's no more difficult than changing a cylinder although I had to borrow a hole cutter to fit the filler unit in the locker door.
I bought the Gaslow leak detector and joint sealing paste although I didn't need the joint sealing paste.
Some will say that for peace of mind and insurance purposes you should have a DIY installation tested and certificated by a Gas Safe engineer.
I don't know about the Tunnel as living a 20 min drive from a channel port I've never used it but the info is on the tunnel website..

It works well for me as 95% of my trips are abroad. The Gaslow cylinder has a sufficiently accurate contents gauge since I can frequently keep it topped up when it indicates say, a half or quarter full, at the many LPG pumps abroad, unlike exchange Calor cylinders (which are not available anyway outside the U.K).
LPG pumps are not so plentiful in U.K. but Calor cylinder exchange can be made easily in U.K. at loads of garages, camp sites, ironmongers, agricultural suppliers...…...
The added bonus of course is that refilling with LPG is about 1/3rd the cost of Calor cylinders.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back