gassing.......no opinions or 2nd hand stories (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Haggers.. you are a bad bad man !!!!!!! :Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok, some facts rather than maybe's

After speaking to a good friend who is ( was ) an anaesthetist he sat down and worked out the volume of Nitrous required to put someone out ..

He then estimated the cost of the gas required to be in the region of £900 ( and this was about 7 years ago )

Further, he said that the chances of someone being knocked out but not actually die from a random amount of gas was beyond that of winning the lottery. The fact that no one has died from the activity is quite unbelievable..

I then asked, what if something like ether was used.
He pointed out that it makes no difference what anaesthetic is used, the 'dose' has to be very carefully measured to avoid death or brain damage.
He also said that if ether was used a victim would wake up vomiting violently before it took full effect as it induces a gag reflex and is why it has not been used for many many years

I am sure folk really believe they have been gassed, but it is a myth.. Unless there are some very rich and VERY lucky thieves about

My daughter Donna and my son in law Des were robbed a couple of years ago.
Early morning, he got up and went in to the service area for a coffee.

Donna thought it was him coming back in to the van so when she heard the door open took no notice.
It was not until some time later they found they had actually been done.

I am a firm believer in this..
Take basic security precautions.

Lock the doors and if possible lock windows

Anything external make sure it is secured properly and locked ( lock bikes etc to the rack )

When I am towing, every night we stop I chain the car / bike to the trailer and the trailer to the tow bar.
I use expensive locks and chains ( One was nearly a £100 ) .. You learn the value of decent chains and locks when you are a biker, believe me :winky:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
To get some idea of relative risk how many motorhomers on this site have had an injury due to a road traffic accident over the same amount of time!!!

David

Last edited:

alhod

Free Member
Oct 3, 2013
Cornwall and Charente
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
To get some idea of relative risk how many motorhomers on this site have had an injury due to a road traffic accident over the same amount of time!!!

David

Sorry but can't see the correlation in that. Road traffic accidents DO happen - gas attacks.....???

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Well you lot can make your own minds up...

Anyhow, here is a picture of the new designed alarm that I have for sale.. Ignore it at your peril...

If only I had one of these Brutus would still be there. :Cool:

Attachments

• white-golf-ball.jpg
    white-golf-ball.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 29
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
On Milenco.com...

A highly effective, highly visible deterrent, designed to protect you and your family when you are sleeping in the Caravan or Motorhome.

Set comprises 6 x window and door alarms with visible flashing LED's.

These can be fitted to your Caravan, Motorhome, windows and doors for an instant warning against attempted break-ins.
Unauthorised access to your caravan or Motorhome, results in the 118 decibel alarm sounding.

This alarm has been specifically designed to protect you in your Caravan or Motorhome and also to combat the problem of sleeping gas attacks that are becoming more common at Motorway services on mainland Europe. Also protects against other types of attacks and burglary on your Caravan or Motorhome. They even can be used to protect your children’s windows from being inadvertently opened.

These alarm sets consist of individual alarms that can be used to protect all of your vulnerable doors and windows of your Caravan or Motorhome.

Importantly all of these alarm units have flashing LED’s so any would be attacker is deterred, as a very loud siren will sound attracting attention when anyone attempts to open a door or window.

These alarms are controlled by an integrated circuit, which flashes each LED every 10.3 seconds. After much research and development Milenco discovered this was the optimum time for maximum battery life and reliability. The battery will last for more then 1000 hours, the equivalent of 120 nights of protection while you sleep.

[HI]These alarms do not detect gas but are used to deter a gas attack[/HI], as any would be attacker will not be able to enter the Caravan or Motorhome without the alarm sounding and gaining attention from surrounding campers. [HI]Milenco do not sell gas detectors as these alone do not protect you from the affects of a gas attack, they merely warn you that you have been attacked whilst you are breathing in the noxious gas and suffering the effects.[/HI] Our philosophy is prevention is better than cure.

The alarm comes with useful information on security, packed in 6’s, and is available from all good Caravan retailers.

Utter b*ll*cks

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Utter B

On Milenco.com...

A highly effective, highly visible deterrent, designed to protect you and your family when you are sleeping in the Caravan or Motorhome.

Set comprises 6 x window and door alarms with visible flashing LED's.

These can be fitted to your Caravan, Motorhome, windows and doors for an instant warning against attempted break-ins.
Unauthorised access to your caravan or Motorhome, results in the 118 decibel alarm sounding.

This alarm has been specifically designed to protect you in your Caravan or Motorhome and also to combat the problem of sleeping gas attacks that are becoming more common at Motorway services on mainland Europe. Also protects against other types of attacks and burglary on your Caravan or Motorhome. They even can be used to protect your children’s windows from being inadvertently opened.

These alarm sets consist of individual alarms that can be used to protect all of your vulnerable doors and windows of your Caravan or Motorhome.

Importantly all of these alarm units have flashing LED’s so any would be attacker is deterred, as a very loud siren will sound attracting attention when anyone attempts to open a door or window.

These alarms are controlled by an integrated circuit, which flashes each LED every 10.3 seconds. After much research and development Milenco discovered this was the optimum time for maximum battery life and reliability. The battery will last for more then 1000 hours, the equivalent of 120 nights of protection while you sleep.

[HI]These alarms do not detect gas but are used to deter a gas attack[/HI], as any would be attacker will not be able to enter the Caravan or Motorhome without the alarm sounding and gaining attention from surrounding campers. [HI]Milenco do not sell gas detectors as these alone do not protect you from the affects of a gas attack, they merely warn you that you have been attacked whilst you are breathing in the noxious gas and suffering the effects.[/HI] Our philosophy is prevention is better than cure.

The alarm comes with useful information on security, packed in 6’s, and is available from all good Caravan retailers.

Utter b*ll*cks

Sidney, you took the works out of my mouth, indeed the marketing on these is utter b*ll*cks as you rightly say.

I asked Milenco why they were using the fear of gas attacks to help sell the product and pointed them to the evidence against the existence of such attacks. They gave a wishy washy reply to the effect they were happy to continue to so.

I just thought it was rather a pity that a decent product, which these are, was marketed on the fear of gas attacks. Although I have these in my caper, I would be reluctant to purchase further products from the company as I don't think this type of marketing is called for, given the evidence against and would rather not support them further.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

David

My point was how the small risk of gas attacks (if they do happen) is blown up out of proportion compared to the real risks we are all exposed to . Perhaps something to do with the sale of alarms/gadgets etc and a mistrust of Johnny Foreigner.....people still seem to think we live on a flat earth with the edge at Dover. If gas attacks were a big problem in France they would be here as well!

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back