Gassing..... It must be true... (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If there is one thing more annoying than media inspired threads it has to be the ones posted without even looking on recent posts first to see if it has been mentioned already :mad:

edit - just found out I need a new turbo so am not in the best of moods, sorry if this unnecessary :)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
DavidG58 You are having a bad day!

colyboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
The Genderarmes also stated that 2 men were involved, so either CCTV was installed or the police are just fabricating

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And amazingly French police have now said they are going to do blood tests..
It a recognised knock out gas was used it will be detectable for up to 5 days according to my sources.. But equally, and crucially, after 48 hours the same results could be gleaned from a large variety of completely innocuousness substances..
So once again, the question is begging an answer, if gas was believed to be the cause of the heavy sleeping why was a blood test not done immediately ?

Far be it from me to be cynical ( !! ) but I reckon the results we will be told are a forgone conclusion.. Whether they will suit the powers that be and are issued correctly rather than what is obviously a handy get out is another matter

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
French Policeman Frédéric Piquel, regional delegate for the Alliance Police union, told The Times today "there had never been any confirmed gas attacks"

Last edited:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
As far as I'm aware an Aircon unit does not bring air in from outside, so to get gas in the system they would need to be inside already.

One assumes then that the Police don't know how an Aircon unit works.

Nor apparently do the Newspapaers.

:cooler:

Last edited:

Sallytrafic

Free Member
Aug 20, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt on Transit
Exp
since 1988
I am ashamed to say that even the Guardian said on their front page that he had been gassed however the inside page more or less said he hadn't. I have asked the Guardian if their headline writers bother to read their articles before doing the headlines.

Reactions: Jim

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
No doubt someone will still argue the toss !
They will and there's someone on Fun who does. They can't believe they could be burgled and neither they or their dogs be woken. Which does sound a challenge to even the most nimble footed robber but my suspicion is the burglaries in some of these alleged gassing cases happen before anyone goes to bed, probably during the day when they were out but they don't notice anything is missing until the following morning. In other words, if the robbery couldn't have happened at night because it would have woken the dogs, then the robbery didn't happen during the night and it must therefore have occurred at some other time.

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
They will and there's someone on Fun who does. They can't believe they could be burgled and neither they or their dogs be woken. Which does sound a challenge to even the most nimble footed robber but my suspicion is the burglaries in some of these alleged gassing cases happen before anyone goes to bed, probably during the day when they were out but they don't notice anything is missing until the following morning. In other words, if the robbery couldn't have happened at night because it would have woken the dogs, then the robbery didn't happen during the night and it must therefore have occurred at some other time.
Makes sense..... and these are professional thieves who are expert at what they do

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Well I believe it!!!(y)

That they were gassed!!;)

Makes a change from only ÂŁ3k (The insurance top dollar) wuz nicked!(y)

Same as I believe that the final of the RWC will be between Romania and Wales, and Young James:notworthy2: and Berlin :notworthy2:will come out as transgender:lips:

Hah! ye of too much faith!:wine: Hic!

Reactions: DBK

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Even the BBC now reference "perpetrators going so far as to gas their proposed victims through the air conditioning units before breaking in."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33814823

I'm still not convinced that was probable, how big would the gas canisters need to be to achieve that outcome? Burglars are going to lug them about in stealth mode at night, then meticulously set up a feed into aircon, especially if it's not a unit per room aircon system? How do you then expertly regulate this to administer just the right amount to render victims unconscious without then killing them?

Just sounds unlikely to me, it's an easy out for victims who slept through a stealthy intrusion resulting in loss of expensive items for insurance claim purposes. Does it also make the paper work easier for police to close it out (I've no clue)?
HEAR,HEAR.

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
We were just saying yesterday, the gassing stories seem to have stopped!
next, they'll be reporting that Gypsies steal children......

What you mean the Gypsies stealing children story isn't true I've been locking our children up for years to keep them safe:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back