Gasperini/Telair Onboard 12v Generator Advice needed please if possible? (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hello folks. We have a Gas generator fitted to our motorhome. It works really very well and we are more than chuffed to bits to be honest .That aside....
We are trying to find out something please? Anyone know if it can be used to charge the engine battery up at all whilst stood in storage or is it purely for the leisure batteries?
Don't have a problem with the Cabin bank at all and the generator works really well when you are in the wilderness keeping all ok. Just seems that the system could be used for keeping the engine/starter battery topped up too when its in storage.
It's Just a thought ?
Gratefully appreciate any information on how to wire it up if it can be done please?
Regards Carolyn and Kev

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi guys...Sorry for the delay but I can only get on here occasionally due to her in doors ! Keeping tabs on me i will tell you! :Eeek: I think she has a deal with Jim the boss to keep me quiet and pleasant in my answering posts on here! :unsure: ;).
On a serious note...I have no idea to be honest? It was fitted by Con rad Anderson before we bought it . It does work really very well indeed.
I just cannot see why they did not fit a battery master switch to be honest? I'm assuming you mean something like this...?
download.jpeg
Really appreciate any information received guys thanks.
Regards Kev

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
This type just gets on with it providing the voltage in the battery is high enough,I think 🤔

Thanks for the information on that Richard. It looks like its what we need. I will do a little more research to see if i Can use it alongside the Telair generator . If that is the case then I will definitely purchase and fit one . Thank you again. (y) ;)

Kev

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back