Gaslow. (1 Viewer)

Feb 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Moncayo Mediterraneo 765
Exp
I have just fitted a 11kg and 6kg gaslow system and i am currently in the process of checking and testing for leaks. I have put 15lts in and set the auto changeover valve to the large bottle which is showing Green, what i would like to know is when filling do both bottles start to fill so are both now both partly full meaning that when the large bottle is empty it will switch to the small one, or has all the gas gone into the large bottle???. Also can anybody tell me how much gas each bottle is likely to hold when full. any help with my query will be much appreciated. Thanks. Steve.:unsure:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
When refilling, provided everything has been connected up in accordance with Gaslow instructions (have to put that in as I have seen a couple of lash-ups) both bottles will be refilled at the same time and the pump should cut off when they are both 80% full, which is a legal requirement.

I don't use an auto-changeover valve, but the principal is that when one bottle is empty the device automatically switches to the other.

I believe it should not be possible for gas to decant from one bottle to the other, but maybe someone else can confirm that.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I have just fitted a 11kg and 6kg gaslow system and i am currently in the process of checking and testing for leaks. I have put 15lts in and set the auto changeover valve to the large bottle which is showing Green, what i would like to know is when filling do both bottles start to fill so are both now both partly full meaning that when the large bottle is empty it will switch to the small one, or has all the gas gone into the large bottle???. Also can anybody tell me how much gas each bottle is likely to hold when full. any help with my query will be much appreciated. Thanks. Steve.:unsure:

As near as matters they hold double the amount in litres as kilo's, so around 22 ltrs and 12 ltrs (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snails Pace Ste
Feb 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Moncayo Mediterraneo 765
Exp
Thanks for all the replies have connected as per instructions so all should be fine.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They do fill at the same time as the gas filler pipe is attached to both. The advantage with an auto-changeover is that you don't have to swap if one bottle runs out, eg whilst cooking, as the other will be used automatically, however this is also a disadvantage as you have to remember which one you were using first and keep a check on when it changes over to the second one so you can remember to refill. If you get it wrong and think the one it's on is the original, but it turns out to be the second, you'll end up with no gas when it runs out as the 'real' first bottle will already be empty!

OP
OP
Snails Pace Ste
Feb 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Moncayo Mediterraneo 765
Exp
Thanks Minxy and Lenny, yes I get that so will just have to make regular checks. The first time I filled up it was great so much easier just connect up, no more trying to find suppliers as we struggled to d in Scotland.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh, forgot to say ...

:welcome4:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back