• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Gaslow Twin set (1 Viewer)

The Flute

Free Member
Nov 18, 2017
Funster No
MH
Dethfleffs
Have a twin bottle Gaslow 6kg set for sale. Comes with reg and auto splitter plus filling point(not a flush door one)
Based in Leicester £240 collection only
Thank

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Might be an idea to give details of the 'expiry' date on the cylinders so people know how much life they have left in them before they need checking/testing. If the date isn't obvious and it's just a 4 digit code ring Gaslow and they will be able to tell you what date this relates to.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks for the link @Minxy Girl to the E Bay listing. I’m thinking of having refillable bottles fitted this year but certainly not confident about doing it myself. How easy is it to get someone competent to fit these things if I do buy second hand or should a I just pay the current cost and book my van in? Also is there a preferred option amongst Funsters as to make of refillables?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I’m guessing now that your bottles are sold you won’t mind!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for the link @Minxy Girl to the E Bay listing. I’m thinking of having refillable bottles fitted this year but certainly not confident about doing it myself. How easy is it to get someone competent to fit these things if I do buy second hand or should a I just pay the current cost and book my van in? Also is there a preferred option amongst Funsters as to make of refillables?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I’m guessing now that your bottles are sold you won’t mind!!
We are thinking of doing the same, leaning towards Alugas due to lower weight in comparison to Gaslow or Gasit. If we take the plunge, will buy new and have it professionally fitted.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We are thinking of doing the same, leaning towards Alugas due to lower weight in comparison to Gaslow or Gasit. If we take the plunge, will buy new and have it professionally fitted.
We are off to Dave Newell on Monday to have two aluminiumum ones fitted on Monday ! Camping the night before on site opposite . I'll let you and @Cal54 know how we get on!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks Anthea. I’m wondering if I should have one refillable and keep 1 standard propane which I can exchange easily anywhere. I do seem to have used a bit of gas in the last few months and have exchanged 3/4 bottles.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Are you staying at Severn Gorge park? We’ve stayed there a few times. There is a really cheap food place just along the road. I think it’s a hungry horse.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks Anthea. I’m wondering if I should have one refillable and keep 1 standard propane which I can exchange easily anywhere. I do seem to have used a bit of gas in the last few months and have exchanged 3/4 bottles.

Be interested to see how you all get on as I'm thinking along the same lines Carol

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Are you staying at Severn Gorge park? We’ve stayed there a few times. There is a really cheap food place just along the road. I think it’s a hungry horse.
Yes we are Andrea ! Thanks for the heads up I was hoping there was somewhere to eat!

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No

The fitting can be as easy as changing a cylinder if you have inside locker filler and the adaptor to convert to your regulator or the harder way of exterior filler which then requires drilling holes

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Debs - perhaps we should bid on the E Bay bottles and have one each!! We could then buy the ‘gubbins’ for the fixing separately! Just a thought. I can only go for the 6kg bottle but not sure if your locker would take the bigger bottle ?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks @mfw - having read posts about the reluctance of some garages (Morrison’s in particular which is my nearest supplier) to allow the filling of bottles I was thinking of an external filler.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
@Debs - perhaps we should bid on the E Bay bottles and have one each!! We could then buy the ‘gubbins’ for the fixing separately! Just a thought. I can only go for the 6kg bottle but not sure if your locker would take the bigger bottle ?
Hamilton gas products sell 6kg bottles for £128 delivered if you want any other bits might be worth checking there prices to save on delivery

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks @mfw - having read posts about the reluctance of some garages (Morrison’s in particular which is my nearest supplier) to allow the filling of bottles I was thinking of an external filler.
Our make and age of van can't have the underslung one.
@Debs Dave Newell ( a funster as well ) does Habitation checks and services worth a call?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision

Thats an idea. Not sure if the 11kg would fit although there is plenty of room, there was some discussion at Shrewsbury but didnt get round to measuring/trying. I'm thinking external filler too.
Thanks for the info @mfw

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
I went external for the reason you are saying less hassle but just saying about cheaper options

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Debs - Sandra has given me an idea as to a ‘man who can’ - I think you will know who she means!! Could be a mini mini meet and a curry!!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
@Debs - Sandra has given me an idea as to a ‘man who can’ - I think you will know who she means!! Could be a mini mini meet and a curry!!!
Does he have a kayak?!!!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I feel a Northerner Funster getting roped in \ volunteered!:whistle::whistle::whistle::giggle:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Ive had a trip up there on the cards for a few weeks to sort a few bits:LOL:

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
If you get exterior filler probably worth getting right angle adaptor to route hose close to bodywork

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Well I got a heads up on this thread :LOL:
It should be possible.. ..yes..
I've fitted one or two but I ain' the fastest of workers ..
So I'm a bit preoccupied today...but get in touch and let me know what you are hoping to fit @Cal54 and of course @Debs ...
Andy.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@andy63 - Cheers Andy I will pm you in a few days time - no rush as I need to discuss what I need to buy!!!

Speed isn’t important it’s quality iof workmanship that is paramount and I know you do a fantastic job - is that enough creeping do you think!! Lol

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We are off to Dave Newell on Monday to have two aluminiumum ones fitted on Monday ! Camping the night before on site opposite . I'll let you and @Cal54 know how we get on!
Had 2 different vans fitted by Dave, so highly recommended. He also fitted a connector within the locker to attach an external bbq which is a lot cheaper than an external point.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
hi for info gaslow currently have reconditioned 11kg bottles for sale at £95.00 plus £7.80 postage they may also have 6kg bottles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
hi for info gaslow currently have reconditioned 11kg bottles for sale at £95.00 plus £7.80 postage they may also have 6kg bottles
Link please? Couldn't find it on their website.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back