gaslow twin bottles question (2 Viewers)

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
hi i had a single 11k gaslow system fitted with the bluetooth accurate level system all working great . i have now added a second 11k bottle and and the fill kit so both bottles fill at the same time .
as i have the bluetooth level system , what do i do. should i leave both bottles open and assume the bluetooth will show correct levels for bottle one .I.E .the same as the bottle with the level equipment fitted 39% on bottle one will it be 39% on bottle 2 also /??. i don't need to leave one bottle closed and i have a working level system
advice wanted please :cold::hugs:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
hi i had a single 11k gaslow system fitted with the bluetooth accurate level system all working great . i have now added a second 11k bottle and and the fill kit so both bottles fill at the same time .
as i have the bluetooth level system , what do i do. should i leave both bottles open and assume the bluetooth will show correct levels for bottle one .I.E .the same as the bottle with the level equipment fitted 39% on bottle one will it be 39% on bottle 2 also /??. i don't need to leave one bottle closed and i have a working level system
advice wanted please :cold::hugs:

Do you not have a change over valve then?

OP
OP
fat haggis
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
No I just got a adapter to add both hoses to one inlet ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've got a 2 bottle system, but as they're only 6kg I need to know when I'm getting low. Frankly I've never trusted any of the level indicators, although I understand others have found them reliable.

I'm a strong proponent of the KISS principle so I use one bottle at a time and when that runs out (usually while I'm cooking breakfast and it's pouring with rain) I just switch over to the second bottle, shutting the first off, then next time I'm near a refilling station I top up again. Can't make a mistake that way!

OP
OP
fat haggis
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I have the Bluetooth sensor that is very accurate. 2 bottles connected to the one source both opened when full. I should still get accurate levels on the one bottle with sensor. Just mirror it to the second as they should discharge at the same rate. ? Or am I totally wrong ??

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
I run my 2 bottle 11kg Gaslow system by letting one bottle run out, change to the other bottle and refill the system as soon as possible.

No need for any level indicators required - I like to keep things simple.

One month in France for the last few weeks without hook up and refilled once after three weeks.

?

I like to keep things even simpler, run just one 11kg bottle with an accurate sensor, and use the rest of the locker for all the dirty things like levellers and toilet chemicals. Saves weight and cost too.

Oct 16, 2018
CHESTERFIELD DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
Long enough
I like to keep things even simpler, run just one 11kg bottle with an accurate sensor, and use the rest of the locker for all the dirty things like levellers and toilet chemicals. Saves weight and cost too.
You presumably have to regularly check the sensor to avoid running out of gas - I'm happy to just run out of one bottle and then change over.
Sorry but never used levellers or toilet chemicals in eight years of European travel so don't need the space.
?

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Auto changeover plus remote indicator all truma

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have the Bluetooth sensor that is very accurate. 2 bottles connected to the one source both opened when full. I should still get accurate levels on the one bottle with sensor. Just mirror it to the second as they should discharge at the same rate. ? Or am I totally wrong ??
Assuming the Laws of Physics still apply you are correct :D .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In theory you are correct, in practice though who knows, sometimes these bottles have a mind of their own! :giggle:

We always have one bottle on and the other off, that way if one is getting low going by its level gauge (yes I know the gauges aren't great but they do give an idea of the remaining contents) we can pre-empt it running out and turn it off and open the other so we don't end up needing to do a change over whilst cooking or risk it running out overnight, whilst we're out etc, then we just top up when the next opportunity presents itself.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm a strong proponent of the KISS principle so I use one bottle at a time and when that runs out (usually while I'm cooking breakfast and it's pouring with rain) I just switch over to the second bottle, shutting the first off, then next time I'm near a refilling station I top up again. Can't make a mistake that way!
Ah, you need to do what I've said above, pre-empt the gas running out and switch over BEFORE it does! (y)

OP
OP
fat haggis
Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
I’ll just fill both bottles when the alarm I have set at 20% ? but as it’s a new app to me I keep checking even noticing. 1% drop. Kids with new apps ehh. ?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have just bought the AP Products gas level system with 2 Sensors and the internal Monitor. That lot costs over £150 from Gasit who are the sole suppliers in the UK. I got it for just over £60 from Amazon in the USA and had it shipped for free to my daughter's address. We will be visiting her at Christmas so will pick it up then.

We have a 2 bottle Gasit system but do not have an automatic changeover, because if I did I know that I will forget all about gas and end up running out altogether. Instead I wait until the first bottle runs out and then change it over manually. After that I know it is time to start looking for LPG on our route. But the problem is that it has a tendency to run out in the middle of the night, and the fridge alarm goes off and wakes me up. And, whether night or day, it always seems to be p***ing down as well. I am hoping the sensors will change all that. But only time will tell.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back