Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
You don't have a problem.
Some vans have the gas locker on the opposite side to the fuel filler. It makes sense to make the fillers on the same side.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
underslung tanks from £230 each (fit yourself) gaslow on ebay for £50-£80 lots of ways to cut the cost.

freddy

Free Member
Oct 7, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Laika eco vip
Exp
since 2006
just had rhino from chorley fit two 11 kg r67 gaslow system in the chieftain filler in the skirt £600,filled up today 39.8 litres £28,very happy no more lugging gas bottles around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Galsow is a great system that is now recognised more and more throughout Europe as fitted filling system.

"At the same time make sure you don't get conned into a cheap kit with rubber hoses because if you don't install the system with the stainless hoses offered, then your warranty will be void by Gaslow!!"

Hi, I would be interesed to know where you got this information from as I fitted genuine 'Gaslow' product rubber hoses purchased direct from them when I installed my system, I dont remember seeing any disclaimer of 'void'...if so why would they bother to Manufacture a alternative product in which validates their own product warranty:confused:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If in doubt fit Gasit don't be bamboozled by nonsense.
That really is an amazing statement James

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003

This does all depend when you purchased your kit which of course I don't know?

In answer to your question it was Gaslow that told us..

A while back Gaslow informed us direct that they do no longer supply Rubber hoses.. Customers had the choice previously on whether or not they would prefer the stainless or rubber hoses... (stainless being more expensive)..

Since they faded these hoses out, there were still a load of kits being sold through the market with the old previous rubber hoses included.. i.e.. dealers holding old stock!!

As we sell a lot of Gaslow systems it didnt matter to us and we were only aware of the change when we placed a new order and they informed us that rubber hoses are no longer available and 'yes' it will void any warranty if a new system is sold with the old stocked rubber hoses...

I can only assume that you were supplied your kit before the change came into effect which means it doesn't matter with regards to warranty!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Gaslow direct still sell rubber hoses and nowhere does it say your warranty is affected by using them.
I think you are wrong on this one. Perhaps if dealers were selling out of date hoses there might be an isssue.
Fitting a rubber hose cannot possibly affect the warranty on other gaslow items.
Gaslow ONLY recommend stainless steel they do not insist on it.

Broken Link Removed

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
This is what Gasit say about Gaslows SS fill hose

As an OEM supplier, ALL our GAS IT Fast Fill hoses are fully Approved to E67.01 which is a EU and UK regulation.

We do not sell Stainless Steel Fill hoses because there are none approved to the required UK or Europe E67.01 Regulations. ( Even the ones currently sold by well known companies are not approved to the required E67.01 Regs)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Oh well... If this is the case then unfortunately I have been misinformed by our Gaslow Rep!!!

I only go by the information told to me o_O
Think a phone call tomorrow is justified!!!

I cant always be right!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back