LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I put this spreadsheet together after having seen a lot of debate about Gaslow kits and how they have to pay for themselves in order to be viable.
A

We bought for convenience not savings, though savings were a bonus then, are there any now, not a lot.

The worst thing is filling stations getting stroppy, if we can't fill up it all goes tits up.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
The worst thing is filling stations getting stroppy, if we can't fill up it all goes tits up.

I know we paid more for our 'fixed tank' system,but,it was for convenience and to avoid the prob of Filling Stations getting all 'Job's Worth' Seems like I might have got something right-for once ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
I fulltime and even in the bad spell we have just had with the heating and hot water on 24/7 i still only used 13kg every 8 weeks so it would take 7 or 8 years to break even.
Dave

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
more about convenience than savings but you miss one thing in your calculations, (although I admire your enthusiasm on the subject). Wasted gas, this was the biggest thing for us. You go away, you come back, your not sure about how much gas you have left (MMM done a test and conclusion was no gas monitor up to the job) you then are left with decision, you go get a new bottle and you never realised you had 1/4 left any way.:Smile::Doh::Doh:

happened to me so so often, Im convinced im saving. but most of all Im happy, although I want a larger under slung tank/:cry:

Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
(The Midlands) Nuneaton
Funster No
MH
A-Class Frankia 640 Exclu
Exp
9 yrs
Yes its more about convienence for me too , we rally alot without electric so we rely on the gas for our heating , its so much easier to fill up before we go then we have piece of mind that we are not going to run out :Smile:
Were going skiing in Feb and as we will be using the gas on our travels we can fill up and head of up to resort knowing we have full bottles , its much easier than wondering have we or have we not got enough gas in our bottles to last :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well we spend weeks on end on various aires in France (about 10 weeks in 3 goes) and also on CL's here, a lot of which are sans EHU. We heat and cook with it Lynn! Not into BBQ's. I spose we wouldn't buy half as much gas as we ever did camping cos no wind - if you see what I mean - so it prolly doesn't save that much but imagine without a gauge, you'd prolly just get dug in at some rally and have to go out for ruddy gas.

Every time we went anywhere I'd just be paranoid ...... waiting for it to run out so I could say, I told you we should have nipped over to Pedleys before we left home ..... :Doh:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nov 12, 2010
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
5 Years
GasLow payback

If you spend much time in Europe you would soon get fed up with not being able to get bottles to fit / having to carry all sorts of different gas bottles / regulators.
At least with refillable you can alway fill up, even in Spain where LPG stations are like hens teeth.
Definitely a convenience decision and not based on payback
:thumb:

OP
OP
A

Addie

Deleted User
Thanks for the feedback guys :Smile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We went for Gaslow because our heating and boiler is diesel-fired and we have a single cylinder locker. If we were abroad and ran out of gas, we'd be looking for a local cylinder and adapters to keep cooking and running our fridge! We splashed out for all the filling adapters with our Gaslow kit to ensure piece of mind! Our filler will dock onto everything from a GPL pump in France to the European Space Station!::bigsmile:
Autogas is getting pricey now, so it's hard to argue for Gaslow on a cost only basis we reckon!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back