LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I don't have one of these systems but it is something I am looking at. When we buy our van we will probably ask for the system to be fitted as part of the price negotiations.

One point to bear in mind with these new Gaslow bottles is; can the foreign adapters be fitted to the bayonet nozzle, as each country has a different filler.

The Gaslow site does say they sell the adapters. It is something the bear in mind.

I would also like a certificate from Gaslow in four languages that it is an approved system before I would buy one.
Steve

Yes, I hadn't thought of that, I assumed (wrongly?) that the certificate would be automatic when the system was installed. Do you have a certificate with your system Steve?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh dear now were being Abusive, poor chap !! go to your 'link' click on refillables scroll down come to the new R67 Bottle.. £167 thats my system, please don't tell me what Iv'e not fitted
After you've clicked on the link which takes you straight to the page for the direct fill bottle, why are you then going down to the refillables link and clicking on that? That is what is confusing everyone and why Chaser responded as he did I'm sure, as you REFUSED to go to the actual linked page in your previous postings, and instead were more than happy to tell us all that WE were wrong even though we were all talking about the one he had linked to and you weren't!!!! :Doh:

I can't blame him for telling you to go and look at the *** link in the end ... sheer frustration on his part I'm sure! You are talking about a different set-up than the one in the INITIAL LINK WITH THE NEW FILLER ATTACHED ... which is what the OP is, and always has, been talking about?????? :RollEyes:

GasLow developed this new bottle due to the French having strops about people removing their refillable bottles out of the gas locker and taking the bottle to the Service Station, there's plenty of post's relating to this issue on this site as well as UK Motorhomes forum's
This doesn't make sense! Even if you removed a refillable bottle you'd still need one with a filler attached to it! :Eeek: I suggest, therefore, what you are actually talking about is a Calor type EXCHANGE bottle which some have bought adaptors for to be able to refill them, not a genuine user REFILLABLE bottle with a safety cut-out. Perhaps some more clarity on your part about what you are actually talking about would have helped?::bigsmile:

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I assumed (wrongly?) that the certificate would be automatic when the system was installed. Do you have a certificate with your system Steve?

No, but mine has the remote fill so is more recognisable as a legal system.
The new Gaslow with attached nozzle looks too much like the illegal ones from ebay that I expect users will have quite a bit of trouble on forecourts.
Gaslow aught to realise that and produce a certificate with the new bottles.
In fact I wouldn't mind one myself as quite a few times I have had to show that it is a proper system that I have, in broken French, Spanish or German and even once in English. But have always been able to fill except the once.
Steve
p.s. Just noticed on the original add that Gaslow have added a disclaimer.
"However. in addition to these locations, we cannot currently guarantee that all LPG (Autogas) forecourt garages will fill your cylinders unless fitted permanently in your caravan/motorhome together with the remote Gaslow Filler Kit."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am not being abusive , and I'm not telling you what you've got, but you just keep going on about something different than I am talking about, it's not r67 and it is 6kg which is the only one I can fit and is self contained with the filler bayonet right on top of the bottle, and I know about removing bottles, but what I asked is can you fill this bottle while it is still in the locker, any road up I am going to the dealer this morning and going to try it in, so hopefully will let you know tonight ::bigsmile::thumb:
We are talking about two different system's your Direct fill was the second design that GasLow came up with and the R67 is the latest GasLow design and its true within the UK the rules that are being implemented in Europe appear as yet not to be the same here (as yet)
Providing that your gas locker has the head room to allow the refill gun to fit the bottle bayonet connection you should be able to do this, however the weight of the refill gun and the restriction within the locker means that I personally would not want to fill up my bottle (even if I could) inside the locker...The refill pumps at the Service Stations also warn you to ware gloves during the use of such as LPG can burn your skin plus in confined spaces some fumes may occur, when I purchased my kit Tuesday this week the back of leaflet accompanying the kit, ( Industry Information Sheet 028) states all sorts of conflicting sentences for instance: Safe filling of LPG cylinders requires appropriate expertise and/or equipment. Staff at autogas refuelling sites cannot fulfill statutory obligations as they have neither
At BP stations where it appears that most of the AutoGas refill pumps exist the Autogas ownership has ceased and is now managed by FloGas this I believe was due to an alleged incident where member of staff had been burnt during a customer LPG refill procedure......:RollEyes: Im done :Smile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
mentaliss said:
GasLow developed this new bottle due to the French having strops about people removing their refillable bottles out of the gas locker and taking the bottle to the Service Station, there's plenty of post's relating to this issue on this site as well as UK Motorhomes forum's
Perhaps you would like to point us to the source of this particular piece information? You mention a UK motorhome forum but not which one, if you don't want to say on the forum then just PM me. Also you haven't yet confirmed whether or not you were talking above about a Calor type bottle with the 'Ebay' adaptor, or a genuine Gaslow refillable bottle.

mentaliss said:
We are talking about two different system's your Direct fill was the second design that GasLow came up with and the R67 is the latest GasLow design and its true within the UK the rules that are being implemented in Europe appear as yet not to be the same here (as yet)
What makes you say that?

mentaliss said:
Providing that your gas locker has the head room to allow the refill gun to fit the bottle bayonet connection you should be able to do this, however the weight of the refill gun and the restriction within the locker means that I personally would not want to fill up my bottle (even if I could) inside the locker...The refill pumps at the Service Stations also warn you to ware gloves during the use of such as LPG can burn your skin plus in confined spaces some fumes may occur, when I purchased my kit Tuesday this week the back of leaflet accompanying the kit, ( Industry Information Sheet 028) states all sorts of conflicting sentences for instance: Safe filling of LPG cylinders requires appropriate expertise and/or equipment. Staff at autogas refuelling sites cannot fulfill statutory obligations as they have neither
At BP stations where it appears that most of the AutoGas refill pumps exist the Autogas ownership has ceased and is now managed by FloGas this I believe was due to an alleged incident where member of staff had been burnt during a customer LPG refill procedure......:RollEyes: Im done :Smile:
Ah, so you are not speaking from personal experience then about this problem, just what you've read? Yes?

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well sorry about all the hoo ha with this thread, but been to the dealer who said he had gaslow in stock:Doh: he hasn't but he came out with a safefill bottle and that wouldn't fit the locker at all but looking at it I don't really see how you could fill any sort in the locker, so now I have been looking on the net again and think this http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=380 is the way to go now, not as mobile as a free standing bottle but is easely removed to another van without leaving holes and seems to fit all the legal bits, also if anyone is looking for euro adapters, this firm is selling them at about the third of the price that gaslow are:thumb:::bigsmile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Do you think you might be able to get an 11kg one in rather than the 6kg? If so, for the small extra cost it would mean you have to fill it up a lot less. Our PVC's locker wasn't supposed to take larger bottles, but I managed to 'persuade' my 11kg Gaslow one to go in! :thumb:

Don't forget too that you'll need a hose to go from the bottle to your regulator when you order the kit. The one you are looking at buying has the square fill point for which you can actually get a bracket to be able to mount it externally, under your bumper/side skirt so no need to cut a hole and would be able to fill it from outside rather than in the locker. Below is a photo of someone who has mounted their square filler under the side of their PVC so I would think you could do the same with your coachbuilt somewhere.

Attachments

• Gas-it fill point.jpg
    Gas-it fill point.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Do you think you might be able to get an 11kg one in rather than the 6kg? If so, for the small extra cost it would mean you have to fill it up a lot less. Our PVC's locker wasn't supposed to take larger bottles, but I managed to 'persuade' my 11kg Gaslow one to go in! :thumb:

Don't forget too that you'll need a hose to go from the bottle to your regulator when you order the kit. The one you are looking at buying has the square fill point for which you can actually get a bracket to be able to mount it externally, under your bumper/side skirt so no need to cut a hole and would be able to fill it from outside rather than in the locker. Below is a photo of someone who has mounted their square filler under the side of their PVC so I would think you could do the same with your coachbuilt somewhere.

Thanks , that's brill , certainly have a look at that:thumb::thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thought it might be useful for you to see my 'quart into a pint pot' Gaslow bottle in our locker ... I removed the aperture surround (plastic/rubber edging) itself, the plastic holders from the base of the locker, and retaining straps (which I reattached in a more suitable place) and used a lump hammer to make the base of the bottle narrower by a couple of mm to get it in - fortunately the actual cylinder part with the gas in was already narrow enough as I wouldn't have fancied hitting that with a lump hammer! ::bigsmile:

By tipping the bottle up and slotting the top in first I was able to then wiggle the bottle in and lower it into place then secure it there. What made it more difficult was that I have the larger filler on a bracket and it only just went in past it, but if the smaller filler you have had been available at the time it would have made it easier for me!

Attachments

• 16 - Gas locker.JPG
    16 - Gas locker.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 4 - Rear lockers open.JPG
    4 - Rear lockers open.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Its on most of the gas pumps.

Thanks, never seen anything about only French vehicles being registered as propelled by GPL being allowed to fill, although I have seen signs that gas is for propulsion only and not for domestic use and that indicate bottles should not be filled. Similar thing I suppose, but as you say can't apply to other vehicles since we are not prevented from filling.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
GAS-IT will provide a certificate of conformity if you ask them, then you have something to wave under the nose of the officious french person, nes pas ??

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Installation of latest GasLow R67

Broken Link Removed

Attachments

• IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 56
Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Just as a side issue, Gaslow say they include a 37mbar propane regulator 'so that you can connect bbq, patio heater etc'. Most people with R67 based systems installed will be running off the European standard 30mbar regulator installed in the van, including if they have an external gas point fitted, to run a 2 burner or bbq. In my experience, the performance of my Weber Q120 and Camping Gaz stove is pretty much the same whether connected to the van gas point at 30mbar or my patio gas propane at home on 37mbar and here in Morocco on local butane with a 28mbar supply. :Smile::Smile::Smile:

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just as a side issue, Gaslow say they include a 37mbar propane regulator 'so that you can connect bbq, patio heater etc'. Most people with R67 based systems installed will be running off the European standard 30mbar regulator installed in the van, including if they have an external gas point fitted, to run a 2 burner or bbq. In my experience, the performance of my Weber Q120 and Camping Gaz stove is pretty much the same whether connected to the van gas point at 30mbar or my patio gas propane at home on 37mbar and here in Morocco on local butane with a 28mbar supply. :Smile::Smile::Smile:

True, after some research and some advice from the pro's I fitted the well respected Cavagna regulator which works with both Propane and Butane and thats fine by me as I'm given to understand that what comes out of the refill gun (in Europe) is a mix of both:Smile:
by the way Tony is it warm down there?

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
True, after some research and some advice from the pro's I fitted the well respected Cavagna regulator which works with both Propane and Butane and thats fine by me as I'm given to understand that what comes out of the refill gun (in Europe) is a mix of both:Smile:
by the way Tony is it warm down there?

Yep, rolled up at Camping Zebra near the Cascades d'Ouzoud today. Came over from Muhammedia. Mixed on the coast...nice when it's nice. but here it was mid 20's and the sun was burning when sheltered from the breeze. Gets a tad chilly at sunset though. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well sorry about all the hoo ha with this thread, but been to the dealer who said he had gaslow in stock:Doh: he hasn't but he came out with a safefill bottle and that wouldn't fit the locker at all but looking at it I don't really see how you could fill any sort in the locker, so now I have been looking on the net again and think this http://www.gasit.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=380 is the way to go now, not as mobile as a free standing bottle but is easely removed to another van without leaving holes and seems to fit all the legal bits, also if anyone is looking for euro adapters, this firm is selling them at about the third of the price that gaslow are:thumb:::bigsmile:

Well you will all be relieved to know , I have finally got my credit card out and gone for the gasit one above, should come tomorrow, let you know how I get on:thumb::thumb:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
By way of contrast, Dave Newell fitted these 11kg Alu-Gas tanks to my RMB last week with a discreet barbecue point (the red tap).

I must say that it's a very nice installation and happily uses Udo's German 50mbar regulators.

331c4f776dbb1794dd89a082d51ac2cc.jpg

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Well you will all be relieved to know , I have finally got my credit card out and gone for the gasit one above, should come tomorrow, let you know how I get on:thumb::thumb:

Just one thing to note, the kit does not come with a connector adapter to fit your calor tail on your motorhome. I had to send for one after my kit arrived. I pointed this out to them that everyone who upgrades from calor is going to need this adapter and that they should point this out on their web site, they said they would look into it.
I bet its still not listed, anyway ring them and see if you can get it added to your (free postage) order or you will end up paying postage on the adapter, which doubles the price of it . still not really expensive at around a tenner but should not happen.
Plus you will have to wait for it coming.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Millibars are pretty small. The pamphlet on the regulator bolted to my MH says I'll have a 30mbar or 50mbar. I'm assuming it's set at 30mbar.

But I don't know what difference it would make if it was a 30, 37 or 50 mbar regulator.

Can anyone explain?

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just one thing to note, the kit does not come with a connector adapter to fit your calor tail on your motorhome. I had to send for one after my kit arrived. I pointed this out to them that everyone who upgrades from calor is going to need this adapter and that they should point this out on their web site, they said they would look into it.
I bet its still not listed, anyway ring them and see if you can get it added to your (free postage) order or you will end up paying postage on the adapter, which doubles the price of it . still not really expensive at around a tenner but should not happen.
Plus you will have to wait for it coming.

Doesn't the left hand thread propane one that I have got fit on it.
Thanks in advance for the tip

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Doesn't the left hand thread propane one that I have got fit on it.
Thanks in advance for the tip

The bottle comes with a left hand thread, but its smaller than calor, its male and its to fit a tail.
The adapter screws on to the LH thread and has the larger female thread with the domed connection on your calor tail :thumb:

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Millibars are pretty small. The pamphlet on the regulator bolted to my MH says I'll have a 30mbar or 50mbar. I'm assuming it's set at 30mbar.

But I don't know what difference it would make if it was a 30, 37 or 50 mbar regulator.

Can anyone explain?

Standard here now is 30mbar, if you use a 50 or 37mbar regulator then that is the pressure that will be supplied. This will overgas all your jets :Eeek:

You will need a manometer or someone to test your gas outlet pressure with one if its not indicated on your regulator.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The bottle comes with a left hand thread, but its smaller than calor, its male and its to fit a tail.
The adapter screws on to the LH thread and has the larger female thread with the domed connection on your calor tail :thumb:

Cheers mate ,you are spot on they are sending me one post free:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well it's come , can't complain about the delivery time, ordered at 12 yesterday ,van man knocking me up at 8 this morning:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ok, mixed results:Doh: got it all fixed in , no problem , simple job four screws to hold the filler and connect the pipes , simples:thumb::thumb: go down filling station start filling up , pipe joint leaking on the filler pipe not a lot but could see gas coming out of locker, so took the gun off and leak stops , went back home had to get it out again give the pipe joint a good tightening, and went back again , ok filled up so cost me £3 for first lot and £6 for the second so £9 for a full bottle including some lost when it leaked, trouble is you can't check your joints before you fill up first time without a filler gun so it's trial and error but anyway it's up and running now.
By the way, no problem with the filling station lady , she even came out telling me how to use the pump and wasn't to worried when it leaked:Eeek::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just to add, it was just over 12 lts in total, and it is a shell filling station.
So don't see any future problem filling up, try a photo of the setup if I get time but have to work today, so maybe In a day or two::bigsmile:::bigsmile::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back