JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I currently have an 11kg GASIT refillable fitted to the motorhome with filler on skirt.
I have just obtained a Gaslow 6kg refillable.
Can I tandem the two together as they are different makes and different sizes, with a changeover valve?

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
With places to fill getting less and less in this country I would carry a 6kg Calor bottle as a second bottle. You would be covered for abroad and in the UK.
If I could justify the cost I would swap one of our 6kg Calor bottles to a refillable bottle.

Reactions: JaG
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
You wouldn't be covered abroad with a calor bottle. Once it's run out your stuck with an empty bottle.
You can tandem a gasit and gaslow similar to having a calor attached. I would hook them up as there are still plenty of places you can fill at . (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
With places to fill getting less and less in this country I would carry a 6kg Calor bottle as a second bottle. You would be covered for abroad and in the UK.
If I could justify the cost I would swap one of our 6kg Calor bottles to a refillable bottle.
Never had any problems filling in the UK, I have 2 x 14kg Alugas, works for us.
It's only some areas where a few filling stations have stopped LPG.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes you can however if you do go down the auto-changeover route keep an eye on it so you know when it's swapped otherwise you could still run out of gas, this is one reason why we don't have one as we'd rather keep an eye on it occasionally and manually switch over if needs be (you don't have to wait for the existing 'active' cylinder to be totally depleted to do this so no problem with running out overnight).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back