LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I have a gaslow with a the connector for our lpg pumps. This is my first time abroad with the gaslow system, Are LPG pumps in France the same as here in the UK? There is some adaptor I keep seeing for a ridiculous ammount of money. Is it realy required? I spoke to someone who had there gaslow for years and said he had never used it. Is he right? any experiences welcome.:thumb::thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Haganap

We purchased the extra connectors when we had our system fitted.
We found them to be necessary when filling with gas in Belgium and France.
These countries use a claw type filler rather than the bayonet fitting used in the UK
If you need them for a trip you can loan ours.

Brian

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
You do need the Claw adaptor for France and the Acme Screw adaptor for Belgium but some stations will lend you an adaptor, but I wouldn't risk it..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi
We had Gaslow fitted last year and with it we bought the french adaptor. We have never had to use it but only because we have always taken enough LPG for the whole trip. If you do run out you will require the appropriate adaptor for whichever country you are in .

Mike

G

grumpy carol

Deleted User
I have a gaslow with a the connector for our lpg pumps. This is my first time abroad with the gaslow system, Are LPG pumps in France the same as here in the UK? There is some adaptor I keep seeing for a ridiculous ammount of money. Is it realy required? I spoke to someone who had there gaslow for years and said he had never used it. Is he right? any experiences welcome.:thumb::thumb:
hi we travelled through france last march we had bought an adaptor from our local caravan dealer who fitted our gaslow system,it cost about £6 whilst in france i couldnt get it to fit so bought one at a motorway service staion it was a third of uk price.on the motorways in france all the petrol stations sell lpg its great

regards grumpy carol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Haganap

We purchased the extra connectors when we had our system fitted.
We found them to be necessary when filling with gas in Belgium and France.
These countries use a claw type filler rather than the bayonet fitting used in the UK
If you need them for a trip you can loan ours.

Brian

Thanks for your kind offer brisley.
I will however look to purchase one as we often do France in the winter and wild camp. Therefore, it looks like it will be needed. Just wanted to check it was not a typical conn.
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back