LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Not really sure just know some people have had trouble fill with the ones with the non return valve.
I had a problem using the new Spanish type adapter, when trying to top up in an industrial area on the way out of Castellon. The applicator gun just wouldn't lock on, so I had to abandon the process, and got billed €0.35 for the effort. :LOL: And yet at a new filling station on the way in to Castellon, we didn't have a problem at all. I'll try again here at Benidorm, just before we hit the road home.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
In November the attendant was unable to get ours with the return valve to work,in Santiago ,but was able to use one without valve that he had. I tried to use again in Portugal but then purchased the new type at a cost of €35!!! Buy one here or where you see at reasonable price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I had a problem using the new Spanish type adapter, when trying to top up in an industrial area on the way out of Castellon. The applicator gun just wouldn't lock on, so I had to abandon the process, and got billed €0.35 for the effort. :LOL: And yet at a new filling station on the way in to Castellon, we didn't have a problem at all. I'll try again here at Benidorm, just before we hit the road home.

Cheers,

I've just checked our Spanish adapter, and definitely no non return valve, so it had to be the applicator gun which was at fault.............thankfully.

Cheers,

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
This maybe confirms what happened to me when I tried to fill up in Portugal using the top connector, it started correctly briefly, then went into limp mode. The (lovely) assistant said it was unusual, there was something wrong. she brought over the garage's adapter, same thing, no improvement. So it could be the safety return valve issue. I don't know if it is possible to remove it, or if I have one in mine

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't know if it is possible to remove it, or if I have one in mine
You can just knock or drill them out. Easy to tell if you have one as one without is just a clear hole all the way through.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
You can just knock or drill them out. Easy to tell if you have one as one without is just a clear hole all the way through.
No, there's a hole all the way through, so that's not it. It filled OK at its first fill in the UK, I'm in France now so guess I could try on the way back with the dish one. Doesn't solve the Portuguese failure (I did manage to get 10 litres in, it just took ages. A lpg car behind me filled his tank in no time.)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Just checked my Spanish adaptor - purchased from gas-it as part of a set of 3 - and there is a clear hole straight through the centre, so no non-return valve.

But thanks for the info. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back