GASIT. OR. GASLOW URGENT HELP REQD (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
try without the SOG, you may not need it, unless you have had before and have good experiences, plenty of gin in that amount, but I am easily swayed by alcohol :whistle:

I have had it and wouldn't again (y)

But it is like marmite and your money your choice :)

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
He isn't really fitting gas ...There's nothing too it

Full kit from gasit 2x11kg bottles plus fittings £330

Sog kit on eBay £125
Save yourself a fortune
Don’t confuse the cheaper Gasit system for the Gaslow 4 hole cylinders,
You would need to compare the Gaslow cylinders with the Gasit plus cylinders which are a lot more expensive.

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
I thought that the identification of the gas bottles had probably been settled but I was responding about the fact that someone had a bottle for sale that was dated 2007 and was therefore out of date.
Like most safety matters it doesnt matter until there's a problem- then it could be too late
Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
2007 +15 year certificate= 2022
Acording to original add.

Q. why would a test be needed at 10 yrs if it also needs exchanging 5 years after that? i dont follow

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
£635 for gaslow!
£355 for SOG!
Someone's having your pants down!

I reckon your been charged over £200 to drill a hole and connect two gas bottles. And £250 to drill a hole and connect a SOG to the 12V supply.....
The bits to carry out an average Gaslow installation are about £580, and installation in between one and two hours depending where the customer wants the filler, and if any reinforcing for the fill point is required

The the system has to be filled, and once filled, tested. Once tested the system has to be demonstrated to the customer

£635 for a 2 x 11 Kg Gaslow system installed is a perfectly reasonable price.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
The bits to carry out an average Gaslow installation are about £580, and installation in between one and two hours depending where the customer wants the filler, and if any reinforcing for the fill point is required

The the system has to be filled, and once filled, tested. Once tested the system has to be demonstrated to the customer

£635 for a 2 x 11 Kg Gaslow system installed is a perfectly reasonable price.
What about the SOG?

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No

Q. why would a test be needed at 10 yrs if it also needs exchanging 5 years after that? i dont follow
Older bottles had 15yr lifespan written on bottle newer ones have 10yrs lifespan written on bottle gaslow for sure dont know about gasit

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
As I understand it a cylinder test, if you can arrange one, will certify that the cylinder is safe at a test pressure. That certification would then re-start the new 10 year period.
Gaslow have just told me that their earlier cylinders were certified for a 15 year life but the newer ones are 10 year before re-certification. At the moment none of theirs are 15 years old but that will start to happen during next year.
Mike
Sorry seem to have crossed with the previous posting whislt I was on the phone!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
What about the SOG?
Have no idea so I didn't mention it. I tend to post on fact not opinion.

If you want my opinion, SOG is pointless product that smells in my opinion, I wouldn't drill holes in someone's toilet so I wouldn't expect my staff to.

Some people swear by it, I think they stink and are anti social

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

From Gaslow today:

The cylinder you have has a 15 years before needing to be re-tested and our newer R67 cylinders have a 10 years. The date you have given from the cylinder tells us you have a cylinder that will need re-testing in 2022.

Our very first cylinders are not due to run out until the middle of next year so we are in the process of working out the best way to proceed with this. We ourselves cannot do the testing as it has to be an outside source and we are unsure of the costing at the moment but we are asking people to keep checking our website in the new year for further information.

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
I personally can’t see it being financially viable to bother having some old cylinders retested and would rather just replace .
The manufacturers of the PRV ( pressure relief valve) actually state that they should be replaced after 10 years so how many of you have done that ?
Link to one supplier but I know most manufacturers say 10 years
https://www.autogasshop.co.uk/lpg-tank-prv-valve-637-p.asp

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Have no idea so I didn't mention it. I tend to post on fact not opinion.

If you want my opinion, SOG is pointless product that smells in my opinion, I wouldn't drill holes in someone's toilet so I wouldn't expect my staff to.

Some people swear by it, I think they stink and are anti social
yes but the stink is outside and not in my van

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Dave Newell does fit re-fillable gas but I think he is an agent for Alugas.
As for chemicals in the toilet making sh*t smell... we use bio washing gel capsules. Cheap, works well, no pungent chemicals.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
just flush it into a 75 gallon black tank in the locker and pump it out occasionally

No SOG, no chemical, no fuss(y)

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2016
Nr Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 89
Exp
Since 2012
Please help, which do I have, what is the difference between the two.

Thanks
I shouldn't bother with either, I have tried Gaslow but sold it with a previous van some years ago and now use SafeFlow much better idea. I can still use a coventional cylinder but these are refillable at the fuel station. I can either fill them when they are in the van or take them to the fuel station. Also they are made of composite material and are much lighter. You can also see how much gas you have as they are translucent. Well worth the money.

May 19, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1995
Doesn't matter what side it is on someone will always have to put up with the possible smell from it.

Hope someone parks next to yo you with their sog outlet facing your awning or eating area
Not so bad if outlet on the roof, owner just has to be careful of wind direction if roof vent open.

69intheshade

Free Member
Apr 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky TI 700 MEG
Exp
Since 2015
Hope this photo may help, definitely a 'Gas-it' system and definitely a red one.....
mind you my sight 'aint great!

Attachments

• IMG_5120.JPG
    IMG_5120.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 26
Jan 5, 2017
brinklow warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Romahome duo hylo
Exp
since 2016
I have gaslow ( yellow ) and I'm chuffed to bits with it , it saved me a ton of money. I managed to get one off ebay for a good price , actually, one of the funsters got it for me. I bought a kit and had it fitted by my builder and another funster. I would imagine that apart from the bottle colour they'd be much the same. It's the best thong I've ever done .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back