GasIt - hob burners / oven / grill not burning well (1 Viewer)

MBUK

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily Conversion
Exp
10 years
Hi,

I've just installed a GasIt 6kG system in our van.

Everything is fine with the installation and I have filled the bottle successfully.

However when using the GasIt bottle the burners in the motorhome are not burning properly. They are struggling to light, not burning efficiently and the flame failure device keeps triggering (presumably as they are not burning correctly).

The water heater is also failing to light.

I have switched back to calor and they are fine.

I've emailed GasIt and GetGas (the supplier) but wondered if anyone on here had had similar issues?

Thanks

Mike

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sounds like the bottle didn't fill correctly even though it appeared to or the bottle valve is faulty.
There can't be any other reason if it works fine on a different bottle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No problem with ours ,if you are using the same regulater for both it sounds as if there's a problem with the bottle
Edit sorry seems as if it's all been said

OP
OP
M

MBUK

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily Conversion
Exp
10 years
Thanks all, for the rapid replies!
Yes same regulator (30 MB)
Bottle seems to have filled ok.
Checking the weight it's got 6.3 kg of LPG in it.
I'll see what GasIt and GetGas come back with.

In the meantime might give it a try on the BBQ with a different reg just in case.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks all, for the rapid replies!
Yes same regulator (30 MB)
Bottle seems to have filled ok.
Checking the weight it's got 6.3 kg of LPG in it.
I'll see what GasIt and GetGas come back with.

In the meantime might give it a try on the BBQ with a different reg just in case.
As the reg works fine with Calor bottle the fault lays with the gasit bottles valve/tap

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I had the same problem when I fitted twin Gaslow bottles...

this was the solution
Advice from Link Removed>>>

Air may become trapped inside the cylinder on the first filling. This could cause difficulties in lighting your appliances as, being lighter, it sits on top of the gas. If this happens, open the cylinder valve to atmosphere for a few seconds and vent off some gas. This need only be done once.

After Your first fill, it is recommended that you should carry out a quick leak check by using a soapy water solution brushed over the stainless steel filling hose connections - checking to see if there are any bubbles.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Makes sense Jim.
That bit of air could amount to almost 1/5th or 20% of the bottles capacity which will only contain a small percentage of gas vapour.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Makes sense Jim.
That bit of air could amount to almost 1/5th or 20% of the bottles capacity which will only contain a small percentage of gas vapour.

yes, a new bottle will be full of air, and you either have to vent it off at the bottle, or wait forever until it purges through the hob burner .. you could also vent it at the gas manifold if you have one with a spare tap or blank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MBUK

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily Conversion
Exp
10 years
I had the same problem when I fitted twin Gaslow bottles...

this was the solution
Advice from Link Removed>>>

Air may become trapped inside the cylinder on the first filling. This could cause difficulties in lighting your appliances as, being lighter, it sits on top of the gas. If this happens, open the cylinder valve to atmosphere for a few seconds and vent off some gas. This need only be done once.

After Your first fill, it is recommended that you should carry out a quick leak check by using a soapy water solution brushed over the stainless steel filling hose connections - checking to see if there are any bubbles.

Awesome!

You nailed it - A quick blast of unregulated gas into the air, reconnect and now everything running perfectly!

Thanks all!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back