Gasit - good service and price (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am always quick to name and criticise suppliers and dealers when they get it wrong, so I want to be just as quick praising when they get it right.

Following advice I got (thanks to you all) on a thread I started a few days ago about gas usage in France and Spain I decided that my best option was to get a refillable bottle. Had a good look round at what was offer and settled on Gasit because of its good price (and easily understood website). I ordered yesterday at 12:30, the bottle and filler kit arrived at 10:30 this morning and I had it all fitted in and ready to go by 12:30. And most of the fitting time was me trying to decide exactly where in my locker I wanted the filler!

Good product, good price, easy to DIY fit and very quick delivery. Well done Gasit! And by the way I have no connection with them at all, other than this one purchase.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am always quick to name and criticise suppliers and dealers when they get it wrong, so I want to be just as quick praising when they get it right.

Following advice I got (thanks to you all) on a thread I started a few days ago about gas usage in France and Spain I decided that my best option was to get a refillable bottle. Had a good look round at what was offer and settled on Gasit because of its good price (and easily understood website). I ordered yesterday at 12:30, the bottle and filler kit arrived at 10:30 this morning and I had it all fitted in and ready to go by 12:30. And most of the fitting time was me trying to decide exactly where in my locker I wanted the filler!

Good product, good price, easy to DIY fit and very quick delivery. Well done Gasit! And by the way I have no connection with them at all, other than this one purchase.

I have almost the same story , but I got better delivery , ordered 12.30 one day at the door 8 next morning in the van and filled by two but had a small leak on the filler pipe so had to get it out and tightened all by 4o clock:thumb:

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have almost the same story , but I got better delivery ,
Ah yes but Uttoxeter is much closer to North Wales than where I live in Kent!! It was your previous post about it that was on of the deciding factors for me choosing red rather than yellow bottle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
any reason why you fitted one bottle and not two

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
any reason why you fitted one bottle and not two

Price, and don't see the need, as you can fill it anytime, don't have to wait till it's empty, I still have a calor bottle as well for emergency if we are somewhere really out of the way and can't fill up but we never stop in one place long enough to run out really, I shall leave it in this year but if we don't use it I shall take it out and use the space to carry more wine:thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Job done

Photo of finished job
Obviously not lieing on their sides

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
As chaser said it was down to price and not really needing to. But also because I do not like all of my eggs in one basket. What happens if I am in the middle of the wilds and can't find an LPG garage? Ah but I see a calor sign - job done! Also same in places I may go where LPG garages are non-existent or very rare. In that case I can buy a local bottle and pop it in the locker next to the gasfit.

And if I change my mind I can buy another refillable bottle and connector easily.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back