Aylesbury Bucks
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Riviera
Exp
I'm a nebie
Well I seem to have come a bit unstuck
1f641.png
:( I'm ordering a new GasIt system. However, I'm told theres about a 6 week waiting for fitting. Does anyone know of a competent fitter in any of the following areas who would be able to do it asap? Bucks, Herts, Oxford or surrounding. Possible Andover area as I'll be there early next week.
TIA

nelly

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8090DF A Class
Exp
Since 2002
I think GO Motorhomes near Luton just off the M1 fitted our gas system. We did buy from them ex rental system they take of there rental motorhomes but they may fit yours. They were very good and do a lot of works on there own fleet and others. Hope this helps

Neil

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Ring Gasit themselves. My husband installed it himself on our second van and they gave us the name of a local fitter recently to install it on our Benimar. Both times they were extremely helpful. Hope you get sorted out.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I fitted ours myself then got a mobile motorhome gas fitter to check it for being Gas Tight before we went to fill it up

all we needed was a small propane tank for him to charge the system to check it

AND I did drill out the hole for the gas filler to fit on the outside of the van too actually very easily even for me

OP
OP
A

Amanda Lloyd

Free Member
Jan 21, 2018
Aylesbury Bucks
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Riviera
Exp
I'm a nebie
I fitted ours myself then got a mobile motorhome gas fitter to check it for being Gas Tight before we went to fill it up

all we needed was a small propane tank for him to charge the system to check it

AND I did drill out the hole for the gas filler to fit on the outside of the van too actually very easily even for me

That's the thing tho'! Drilling a hole in my MoHo. It would be like gouging my own eyes out with a blunt knife, no way I'm doing that ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

Amanda Lloyd

Free Member
Jan 21, 2018
Aylesbury Bucks
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Riviera
Exp
I'm a nebie
Hi Everyone, thanks for your help and suggestions. I looked on the approved fitters site and now have Bilbo booked in for next week :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I'm just nervous about gas and hole drilling in the MoHo. :)

That's why I got a mobile gas engineer who was certificated for Motorhomes and caravans

and the hole in the outside was actually very easy it was the smaller one on the inside that was harder but not that difficult and the actual fitting everything together was easy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back