GasIT DGI Filter (1 Viewer)

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We have a LPG system and touch wood, no issues yet having used it for a total of about 6 months, predominately in France. We have the Alugas MV bottles which have an internal filter.

We are thinking of heading to Spain and have read a few threads on ‘dirty gas’ and wondered whether anyone has used one of the external GasIT DGI filters? I am thinking of purchasing one given that it is relatively inexpensive. Has anyone any experience/views on the filter? Two links below:-

http://www.gasit.co.uk/gas-it-direct-gas-in-filters-d-g-i.html

http://www.gasit.co.uk/support/knowledgebase.php?article=6

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Are you sure the Alugas bottles have an internal filter?

When I asked them they said no.

I understand that only Gaslow have an internal filter.

Anyway ....
We had Gasit on our first van and also had the online filters, with no issues.

We're having Alugas on our new van and will also have the Gasit filters as a precaution.

OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
I understand that the 2015 MV bottles do have a filter as per this FB links and quote.

"You can see on these pictures the float mechanism for the bottle liquid level gauge and also the 80% overfill protection device near the top of the Multi Valve. Also visible is the internal gas filter element connected the valve underside just before the built in "rupture protection" outlet.
Remember these Multivalves are available on both Alugas sizes of 11kg and 14kg."

https://en-gb.facebook.com/Autogas2000/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
If that's the case then you shouldn't need extra filters
I'll check with them again before placing my order that the bottles include an integral filter

OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
We don't have any inline filters, just thought the DGI might be sensible but then it might end up in the never used box! (Bit like the food grade hosepipe which has been used twice I think, I prefer the watering can!)

OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Just found this in my mail archive!

Missed off your question about the filter. Please see picture below and the strainer filter is fitted to the under side of the valve as pictured below.
upload_2017-8-28_14-7-16.png

OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
That's really interesting
When I spoke to them in May, they said no filter, but the post you link up on Facebook is dated June
Maybe the filters ars on latest stock, or the person I spoke too made a mistake?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I looked a these but after discussion with Autogas and the provision built in bottle filter decided not to install them. The inbuilt rupture protection of the bottles also allowed me to remove the Truma specific hoses with green button, which was a bonus!
When did you buy your bottles ?

OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
March 2015 and the email with the photo was the same date. I can dig out the invoice if you like.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
March 2015 and the email with the photo was the same date. I can dig out the invoice if you like.
No need -thank you
The person I spoke to at Autogas must have given me duff info, which is great cos it's saved me the price of two filters

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Had those on the last van not counting the fact that seals often leaked on the joints to the hoses and bottles came to the conclusion there were snake oil.
Took them off after a year got fed up with leaks opened them up filters looked totally unused , don't think anything ever passed through them.

Don't worry about it now just make sure I never fill up in France as that seem to be where a lot of people have trouble with dirty/oily gas. When we bought our first van our Belgium dealer warned us not to fill up in France and we have met a couple of people on our travels who has had to get the fridge serviced after filling up in France.
On the other side I do know a couple who live in France and have never had a problem.

I've filled up in Holland, Belgium, Spain & Portugal without any problems.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have a LPG system and touch wood, no issues yet having used it for a total of about 6 months, predominately in France. We have the Alugas MV bottles which have an internal filter.

We are thinking of heading to Spain and have read a few threads on ‘dirty gas’ and wondered whether anyone has used one of the external GasIT DGI filters? I am thinking of purchasing one given that it is relatively inexpensive. Has anyone any experience/views on the filter? Two links below:-

http://www.gasit.co.uk/gas-it-direct-gas-in-filters-d-g-i.html

http://www.gasit.co.uk/support/knowledgebase.php?article=6
Don't see how they will help it's the oily residues you want to filter out they just look like partical filters.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back