Gas Strut on access door, Autotrail (1 Viewer)

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
hi folks , has anyone got a supplier for replacement struts ?
My Apache 700 has what looks like a German made strut on the residential door and it started to lose its effectiveness when we hadn’t had it long ( From new in 2015 ) and now it’s given up the ghost altogether. I know it’s probably under warranty but it’s a two hour drive to our supplying dealer and I can only get on Saturdays so that means two weekends mucked up and 8 hours driving and fuel for what is probably only a £20-30 part. I’ve found a supplier in derby called SGS Engineering and I intend to contact them but I just thought I would ask the lovely people on here for their thoughts.
Regards Andy

OP
OP
Apache

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Thanks for that Martin. Any idea what they charge ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2015
Highlands
Funster No
Had a strut for one of the overhead lockers go. Sent it to them and they phoned back saying all OK. Guy offered to up the psi on the strut as it was not doing the job and all for about £15. Less than the cost of a new one and kept the look of the original. Highly recommended.

OP
OP
Apache

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
I’ve emailed them at about 4pm and they called back at 4:30 . They couldn’t identify it over the phone but I sent some pictures and said I will post it out next week when I’m home. Sounds very encouraging so far

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Doyou mean the habitation door? We have a 2010 Apache but dont have any gas struts on it.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If it's at the top of the door the one on our Savannah adjusts by a screw thread. Maybe yours is the same?

OP
OP
Apache

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
I have to offer my congratulations to SGS engineering. I posted my non-functioning strut on Thursday last week. They received it Monday and phoned me yesterday with a result. It’s had it as I suspected , so they quoted a price for a new one including postage which was acceptable , so I paid by card and it arrived today . Top job , top firm to deal with . HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back