Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi on my old motorhome i had 2 13kg butane gas bottles which on trips around a month in Europe where enough.
now i have 2 11kg propane "flo gas" my question is can i purchase refills in france spain etc, otherwise i think ill buy another bottle.:Smile:

mark.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
hi on my old motorhome i had 2 13kg butane gas bottles which on trips around a month in Europe where enough.
now i have 2 11kg propane "flo gas" my question is can i purchase refills in france spain etc, otherwise i think ill buy another bottle.:Smile:
mark.

Afraid the answer is NO you cannot get replacements. An extra bottle is the correct answer. :winky:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long

mark.

Mark,

Why not get a refillable bottle ? I've had one now for four years and for us they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. :thumb::thumb:

Link Removed

We also have an external filling point so it's just like filling up with diesel except a lot cheaper.:Smile::Smile:

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I agree Don. Up to a point. If he has the room to take an extra bottle? Then the expense of buying a re-fillable bottle is a BIG waste of money. Something that perhaps NOT all of us have to throw away? Just a thought. :winky:

OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
thanks guys ill go for the extra bottle and stick it in the garage:thumb:

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Gas bottles in Spain or anywhere in Europe

mark.

Hi Thefman,
JSW is right. You cannot buy or exchange your British gas bottle in mainland Europe. What you can do for emergencies is go to any "FERERTERRIA" shop in Spain (Hope I spelt it right) and purchase a 4kg bottle and the part ( Burner) that fits on top of the gas bottle. Any Supermarket or the shop also sells the round circular rack where you cooking untensil sits on. The complete unit should cost you around €49. You have it for life and the bottles can also be refilled in Portugal too.
When empty, exchange empty for full, which is €8. A bottle should last you a about 3 weeks, depending on how much you use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Mark,

Just an after thought if you intend visiting Portugal there are a couple of places on the Algarve where you can get UK bottles refueled. These are proper refilling stations before you all start quoting rules and regs. They will even fill part full cylinders.

If you are interested I'll let you have the locations of the filling stations.

Don

OP
OP
thefman

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
Mark,

Just an after thought if you intend visiting Portugal there are a couple of places on the Algarve where you can get UK bottles refueled. These are proper refilling stations before you all start quoting rules and regs. They will even fill part full cylinders.

If you are interested I'll let you have the locations of the filling stations.

Don

hi were not off to Portugal this time but thanks for the info. however ive got to do something for next year because were booked on scotjimlands morocco trip and intend having a couple of months off:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back