Gas problem with Hob & Fridge (1 Viewer)

George Thomas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2018
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099f 2006
Exp
Since 2014
Hello all - hope you are keeping well. Advice please. We have two gas related problems on our Rapido. We live in Bognor Regis. So looking for engineer to look at & repair. Mobile or workshop please.
1. With the 3 burner Dometic hob - two burners play up - difficult to light & unreliable. This has been a re occurring problem.
2. With Dometic 3 way fridge freezer. Will not fire up on gas. This is a totally new problem.
Look forward to your information.
All the best.
Nikki & George

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As 2 appliances are affected try changing the gas bottle to see if it's the gas, alternatively if you have one, try another regulator.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If by playing up you mean they'll light & stay lit until you let go of the knob the problem is likely to be the flame failure device (a small thingy sticking up adjacent to the diffuser rings). Does the fridge attempt to start on gas - you'll hear the clicking from the igniter - or does it do nothing? Is it an AES fridge?

Edit: Or as Minxy Girl suggests check out gas & regulator first ;).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Need a bit more information .
Does the third burner light and burn well? If it does when it is alight and you try to light another burner does the lit one change the flame?
Does the fridge try to light?
Does it light and go out?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
does the fridge light go off when you close the door ...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

seriously as everyone suggests, check gas supply first, if all is ok then do the tops of the gas burner come off for cleaning, gunge can accumulate and stop the gas coming out where the flame failure device is and tricking it into thinking there is a fault in the gas supply

Mar 11, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 1990
Last year, I had a fault on my Dometic fridge/freezer, model No RMD 8505, which would not light in gas mode. Changing the electrical control module solved the problem and the unit operated normally in gas mode. Yesterday, following 8 weeks of lockdown, I decided to check the fridge/freezer in preparation for easing of the restrictions for Covid-19. The fridge/freezer would not ignite in gas mode. The only component to left to change, is the gas valve, GV-100. Any one else experienced this problem?

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Hi
I'm sunny Bognor too. We keep our MH in storage at Church Farm, Bosham. They have Meridian Motorhomes on site and they have done work for me in the past. The site is in lockdown so they may not be open. There are also 2 other dealers close by but I know that they are not open.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Last year, I had a fault on my Dometic fridge/freezer, model No RMD 8505, which would not light in gas mode. Changing the electrical control module solved the problem and the unit operated normally in gas mode. Yesterday, following 8 weeks of lockdown, I decided to check the fridge/freezer in preparation for easing of the restrictions for Covid-19. The fridge/freezer would not ignite in gas mode. The only component to left to change, is the gas valve, GV-100. Any one else experienced this problem?

quite often spiders are the culprits in the flame failure device (ffd) supply. they nest over winter and die often blocking the gas jet that impinges on the thermocouple. because the flow of gas is restricted it doesnt provide enough 'wooomph' (technical term !) to heat the thermocouple enough to send a signal back to the main gas valve to tell it to open.

whenever there is a definite gas supply and a flame failure device is fitted, then the first port of call would be to check the thermocouple/ffd

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back