Gas Point (1 Viewer)

spider

Free Member
Mar 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
AClass
Exp
Hi, 1st post so hear goes with a daft question, can you use the BBQpoint to send gas up to main tank when on site, sorry will explain better, was/am going to sort out extender stay but ran out of time as we go for holls sat and wondered if this was poss/safe thanks dave

OP
OP
S

spider

Free Member
Mar 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
AClass
Exp
thanks Peter,sounds about right never thought about reg, thank you again, dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
yep !!!!

obviously your BBQ point will be connected after the onboard regulator so the calor bottle will need a reg of its own.

dont know if the onboard reg can be damaged by 'back feeding' it but if you turn off your LPG tank valve/tap it shouldnt back feed anyway.

i saw this when Ash was fitting a gaslow system for a funster at Newark show a couple of weeks ago.
the gaslow was empty (new) but a supply was needed at the time so a temp bottle was connected to the BBQ point..

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Depends on how your gaspoint is fitted, on my old Rockwood it was on a T piece from the fridge feed,just inside the fridge outside door.
I used this in Spain to feed off a Spanish gas bottle to save on my LPG.
Switch off your LPG tank first and away you go.
Gas is not bothered which way round it goes.

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
no expert

Hi,
Im no expert but in the hundreds of thousands of miles Ive driven on the internet searching for solutions to my problems (im stuck camping in my RV on my drive) before I can venture out, I have seen long stay solutions where people buy gas cylinders or (extended stay cylinders) and fix to their vehicle and it goes in and feeds the fridge and cooker and boiler, so Im guessing it must be possible, how? no idea but looking at extended stay as a thread or on google may get you similar q and a that you seek.

but Im not even a juniour guru yet so listen to the other guys

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have seen long stay solutions where people buy gas cylinders or (extended stay cylinders) and fix to their vehicle and it goes in and feeds the fridge and cooker and boiler, so Im guessing it must be possible, how? no idea but looking at extended stay as a thread or on google may get you similar q and a that you seek.

Hi Harry ..

The Extenda-stay is a T piece brass fitting which you install in the line between the LPG tank and the coach LPG regulator, it has a 60" length of high pressure hose that connects directly to any propane bottle without a bottle regulator.

In the majority of RVs it is easy to install requiring no alterations to existing pipe work ..

The Kit
66-8814.JPG

http://www.abp-accessories.co.uk/productindi.php?id=409

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Harry ..

The Extenda-stay is a T piece brass fitting which you install in the line between the LPG tank and the coach LPG regulator, it has a 60" length of high pressure hose that connects directly to any propane bottle without a bottle regulator.

In the majority of RVs it is easy to install requiring no alterations to existing pipe work ..

The Kit
66-8814.JPG

http://www.abp-accessories.co.uk/productindi.php?id=409

Thanks for that nugget Jim.

i wondered what the hose in the LPG locker was really for as the previous owner said it was a BBQ connection hose which fitted BETWEEN the tank and reg.

that would mean the BBQ could be used as a temporary crematorium...no pressure regulation at all.:Eeek:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
The extendastay in Jim's pic has a BBQ take off as well as gas feed in ie it can be used for either BUT (BIG LETTERS FOR A REASON) THE BBQ FEED IS UNREGULATED SO EXTERNAL REG ON BBQ REQUIRED.

I fitted one last xmas, still haven't used it as an extenda stay or got the BBQ hose. Haven't used the extenda side as the bloomin hose leaked when I fitted and as new figured safer to have it replaced than start with the 'jubilee' clips:Doh:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks for that nugget Jim.

i wondered what the hose in the LPG locker was really for as the previous owner said it was a BBQ connection hose which fitted BETWEEN the tank and reg.

that would mean the BBQ could be used as a temporary crematorium...no pressure regulation at all.:Eeek:

Hi John

yank barbies run on unregulated pressure .. or so I have been told

so do not connect direct to the Cadac :roflmto:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
THE BBQ FEED IS UNREGULATED SO EXTERNAL REG ON BBQ REQUIRED.:Doh:

definately sounds a bit iffy to me......a bit like putting an RCD at the socket, not at the fusebox.

the consequencies of the BBQ hose getting accidently damaged/cut while in use dont bear thinking about.:Eeek:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
definately sounds a bit iffy to me......a bit like putting an RCD at the socket, not at the fusebox.

the consequencies of the BBQ hose getting accidently damaged/cut while in use dont bear thinking about.:Eeek:

Yup, though there are widets in the extenda stay to cut the flow if there is no resistance (an appliance) on the line, ie full flow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back