Gas Pigtail Question (4 Viewers)

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Hi, I have a single bottle Gaslow R67 11kg system with an external filler point. The motorhome gas inlet valve regulator has two outlets with the second inlet being supplied W20 pigtail that could connect to 27mm clip on valve for the expensive B and Q patio gas bottles. The idea was to have two gas options as the number of LPG pumps dries up in Britain.

I have a full 6kg calor bottle with standard POL bayonet fitting. I also have a POL W20 pigtail.

Very simply, can I swap the the 27mm clip-on W20 pigtail for the POL W20 pigtail and use standard calor gas bottles? As far as I can remember, the POL W20 pigtail has never been used and is about two years old.

Also, another gas-idiot question. If both bottles are connected and the taps are both open, does the pressure equalise and level the amount of gas in each bottle, i.e. they end up with the same amount of gas in each bottle? Not that I would do it, I actually would want to avoid doing it.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
No idea about this but the latter part I would be very surprised if it equalised the gas levels. I suspect the Calor bottle has a non return valve type system that has to be overcome when filling it with a special filler connection by the professionals.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Some pol pigtails have non return in the pol end.
If it rattles when you shake it it’s got one

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It's going to be years before LPG supply dries up. There are still hundreds of suppliers. I'm not worried - it won't be in my lifetime :drinks:

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
I've got a similar set up to the OP however my 2nd bottle is a Calor 6Kg with screw in pig tail. The pig tail has a non return valve in it. No reason why you can't change your pig tsil and Calor tank. Just ensure you purchase the correct length of pig tail. Check connections for leakage though.

OP
OP
DDJC
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
I've got a similar set up to the OP however my 2nd bottle is a Calor 6Kg with screw in pig tail. The pig tail has a non return valve in it. No reason why you can't change your pig tsil and Calor tank. Just ensure you purchase the correct length of pig tail. Check connections for leakage though.

Thanks. This is now my set up as well! 11kg R67 LPG refillable and a 6 kg Calor reserve. It all seems to fit together and works, and there seems to be no leaks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back