LIFE MEMBER
Jul 5, 2020
Fraserburgh, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
2 years
The pigtails should be protected by anti rupture valves at the bottle end. In case of a sudden increase in gas flow they turn it off.

Yes, This protects against a rupture or major leak between the bottle and the regulator.

If there is a leak after the regulator, The regulator will limit the flow below the flow needed to activate the pigtail or gas bottle protection and the gas will continue to flow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We turn ours off - but have forgotten to do so on occasion. We do have two of the crash sensor things. One the truma one that came as part of the van and then Autogas 2000 fitted a second when they put in the refillable gas system.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
On. But off for tunnel and ferries 👍 thought there'd be a bun fight about it by now 🤔😂

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We turn ours off - but have forgotten to do so on occasion. We do have two of the crash sensor things. One the truma one that came as part of the van and then Autogas 2000 fitted a second when they put in the refillable gas system.
Are the Alugas cylinders safe to travel switched on? I have 2x Alugas also a Truma CS Control thingy but I don’t think it has crash protection🤷‍♂️
36D3D0CB-E4F0-4E31-87C6-17E6E76E65B8.jpeg

Yes I know they should be higher than the tops of the bottles but that’s as high as I can get it👍

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Are the Alugas cylinders safe to travel switched on? I have 2x Alugas also a Truma CS Control thingy but I don’t think it has crash protection🤷‍♂️

We have both the Truma and the crash safe thingy fitted by Chris at Autogas 2000. Without the crash protection they are not safe to use turned on. With the crash protection I still prefer to travel with them off but I am known to be very risk adverse.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
There don't seem to be (m)any reports of serious consequences due to gas bottles being left on in motorhomes and I'm sure that's in spite of many travelling with their gas left on.
So my take is that the risk is small.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back