LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everyone I have two bottles of Calor lite 6kg and was thinking of using them again given the fact that the next MH I’m in the process of buying has a lower payload that I would of liked.

I know Calor had decided to end these bottles a few year ago and was replacing them with another one.

Can they still be refilled or not; I can’t find anything apart from older info on these bottles.

If not what about other bottles which are lighter than the steel ones; does anyone have any info on these.

Best Wishes Tony

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
They are discontinued and you won’t get a refill. They never brought out the replacement.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
They are discontinued and you won’t get a refill. They never brought out the replacement.
Thanks for that; but I'm upset that I have two calor lite bottles and can't even get them filled at an exobinate price of about £30 for 6kg bottle.
I've seen other bottles which look like they are made of plastic which can be refilled time and time again at the petrol station but can't find any info on these bottles.
I have a Calor gas depot very near to me but they will not refill; refillable bottles for some reason.
what arsoles are these
Best Wishes Tony

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Thanks for that; but I'm upset that I have two calor lite bottles and can't even get them filled at an exobinate price of about £30 for 6kg bottle.
I've seen other bottles which look like they are made of plastic which can be refilled time and time again at the petrol station but can't find any info on these bottles.
I have a Calor gas depot very near to me but they will not refill; refillable bottles for some reason.
what arsoles are these
Best Wishes Tony
We agree about Calor!

Here you go. :)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
what arsoles are these
Best Wishes Tony
That’s the trouble with living in England, you cannot make people do what you want just because you want it. People have to much freedom, haha

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I think these are the ones you want, others on here know more about them, but here is the link.
<Broken link removed>

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I now have 2 Alugas 14kg bottles. When I was trying to keep to 3500kg maximum weight I had a single 14kg one. I calculated that the 14kg Alugas bottle gave the best volume of gas to weight ratio.

Edit. I think the 10kg Safefill ones have a similar weight ratio.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020
Leigh On Sea, Essex
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 412
Exp
6 months
Hi Everyone I have two bottles of Calor lite 6kg and was thinking of using them again given the fact that the next MH I’m in the process of buying has a lower payload that I would of liked.

I know Calor had decided to end these bottles a few year ago and was replacing them with another one.

Can they still be refilled or not; I can’t find anything apart from older info on these bottles.

If not what about other bottles which are lighter than the steel ones; does anyone have any info on these.

Best Wishes Tony
Tony, I am not sure if the refills are widely available but only last week I was supplied with a refilled lite 6kg bottle from a gas retailer in Hertfordshire. I live in South Essex where for some reason Gas and bottles are rarer than hens teeth.. So I think it depends where you live etc... Looks like best bet for gas and bottles are the major gas bottle retailers in your county rather than MH dealers/camping outlets etc. These guys are getting deliveries before anyone else or so I have been told. Good luck.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I now have 2 Alugas 14kg bottles. When I was trying to keep to 3500kg maximum weight I had a single 14kg one. I calculated that the 14kg Alugas bottle gave the best volume of gas to weight ratio.

Edit. I think the 10kg Safefill ones have a similar weight ratio.
But not very easy to fill you can't fit an external filler as they are only single hole bottles.

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Agreed. Which is why I only really considered Alugas not Safefill.
GasBank do TUV certified, composite bottles with a multi port option to allow for remote filling to be installed. I don't know about their availability in the UK though.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi There I see you are in Southampton so where did you get that lite one refilled?
Best Wishes Tony

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
I got a full lite bottle from an advertiser on ebay that said they had one - swapped for my empty lite bottle - phoned to check they had stock drove to fetch it. Lots advertised on ebay

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
Got the Safefil 10kg and 7.5kg and well pleased had not trouble with refills so far here or abroad. I had the Alugas with external filler on our old Rapido but they would not fit into the gas locker on the Elddis 185 we changed to later so we sold them. Then we met a guy in Spain who had altered his gas locker and fitted the Alugas from inside, wished we had thought of it. However we have decided to go on the Safefil route as we think every van is going to be our last and permanantly fitting is not great for the purse strings. At least we can keep these for our next van (if we do change) Going the same road with inverters etc.

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.