Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Hi has anyone used the gas it system thinking of fitting this. if so does it come with a regulator as i have a older motorhome. or do i have to buy a certain type for using refillable gas bottles?.

Thanks in advance

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i reckon this is a bit of wishful thinking.....

FES Autogas are the largest Original Equipment Manufacturer Supplier to well known UK Motor home and Caravan manufacturers who fit our GAS IT range of products on their production lines to run the gas appliances in the vehicles.

i don't know how many, if any, converters use refillable tanks on their motorhomes at production but there are far better know makes than this one.

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
:Smile:i bought a 100 ltr vapor tank from them to replace my rv tank as it sprung a leak due to corrosion,they were very helpfull and definately new there stuff,so i would recomend them.i dont know about the bottles sorry,but the company are good.i have no connections with them just good service.hope this helps.muz

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We only bought two aluminium refillable cylinders from Gas It as we already had the Gaslow system in the van. The service we received was first class. Next day delivery. unfortunately one cylinder had a rattle. I emailed the company and the following day I got an email back from the owner, who had just arrived in America for a holiday, he had already arranged for another to be delivered (direct from FES) and the first to be collected, that all happened the next day :) When I asked for documents for the cylinders regarding compliance he got those to us too. Very happy with the product and the price too. Jane:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I was going to buy from them but a final check on the internet before ordering found the Gaslow systems to be cheaper:whatthe:

Fixed tank wise they are cheaper but I couldn't fit a tank under my van :Sad:

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have just fitted an 11kg GasIt Cylinder with their "on cylinder" filling point. I also bought a new pigtail that went straight onto the current style regulator to the cylinder. I opted for this as it reduces pipework and joints, drilling the van body or fitting filling point brackets.
If you had the old style regulator I presume there would be a point valve as the cylinder outlet to mount the regulator and then take the pigtail to the pipework.

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
If Gas it dont sell one Gaslow do and as the fittings of both manufacturers
bottles are identical,there is an adaptor which fitted to the bottle allows your
original regulator to screw straight on.

Broken Link Removed

Hope this helps

Regards
Steve:thumb:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Heres what you need to adapt bottle to fit your normal regulator.

Link Removed

also if your van is pre 2004, you cant fit later style regulators by law.
dont know why you would want to either as the old type regulators are
cheaper and more reliable anyway.
Fit a remote fill point as then you should not have problems filling, direct fill
screwed onto the bottle is not recommended and is likely to cause you problems
especially if you travel abroad.
Hope this helps:thumb:

Regards
Steve

OP
OP
B

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
Thanks

Thanks for the info folks now know what i need to install a refillable system. hope you all have a great 2012 motorhome season Regards Tony :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dont believe the stories about abroad . they have been filling bottles over there way before uk. reimo as been selling kits for filling german bottles throughout the world for years . i personally have never been stopped or asked and have been doing it since the 70,s .
reimo number 75136 4 different nozzles for filling german bottles page 318 in a reimo catalogue 2000 just to give you an idea.
75135 adgusts foreigm cylinders to be able to fill in germany.

NickF

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Nr Caernarfon North Wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenze
Exp
on and off for years
i reckon this is a bit of wishful thinking.....

FES Autogas are the largest Original Equipment Manufacturer Supplier to well known UK Motor home and Caravan manufacturers who fit our GAS IT range of products on their production lines to run the gas appliances in the vehicles.

i don't know how many, if any, converters use refillable tanks on their motorhomes at production but there are far better know makes than this one.

We don't like to name drop and boast thus the reason we haven't in the text that's been cut from our websites by pappajohn, but just in case like Pappajohn, there are others who don't know the UK Motorhome Manufacturers we ( FES Autogas under our GAS IT brand ) regularly supply and who continue to fit our GAS IT refillable gas tanks at their factories to a number of their brand new made motorhomes ( and have for many, many years ) is a small, unknown Motorhome company called Auto Sleeper, IH Motorhomes, Wildax and Chameleon to name just 4. ::bigsmile:

What might interest a few of you also is that we are not just GAS IT Refillable equipment suppliers either. We actually have a full R & D department in house that specify, design and build many of our Motorhome Manufacturers Refillable gas systems so they have complete kits to fit into their production models at their factories when we delivery them on pallets to them monthly. We are also responsible for their on-going factory training and aftersales backup to their sales and dealer network as well. - Think 'Marquis Group' as one Motorhome sales organisation we provide full Refillable gas system support to.

Obviously then there's the aftermarket dealers and end-users who we supply to daily.

i guess the main reason no one has heard much about us and our GAS IT brand over the last 14 years even thought we have been a supplier of Refillable gas systems during this time, is that most of our GAS IT products have been to the trade only and those are hidden from sight plus 96% of our gas business has been in the Automotive gas industry, that was until the last 2 years when we choose to become a little more active in the retail market of refillable gas products to make sure there was identical product to others being sold but at the right price and with the right backup and service.

I hope this clarification of who fits our GAS IT refillable gas products on their motorhome production line and has done so for many years now helps people who didn't know who we were and also clarifies our status in the industry.

You've heard it here first - GAS IT will be visiting some MH show's this year with our new show trailer, so me and the GAS IT team look forward to meeting many of you and chatting in person.

any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Nick

nick@fesautogas.co.uk

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
NickF said:
but at the right price
Just looked at your Gaslow equivalent.

I already have the 1st tank so need a second one now.
The second gaslow tank would cost me £127 from the place I got my original kit from.

The second gaslow tank equivalent from gas it as far as I can see is this one.
Link Removed

This is £109 which at first glance appears to be much cheaper. However it doesn't include the T piece you need to connect to the first tank.
Link Removed
So add £19.00 on. Total £128....

I know it's only £1.00 and to be honest I would rather deal with gasit than the company I bought the gaslow from.

I recently ordered a butane to propane adapter so I can use my normal regulator on the Gaslow and it came next day and was priced just right ::bigsmile:

Will be back for more bits :winky:

NickF

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Nr Caernarfon North Wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenze
Exp
on and off for years
Gromit,

Thanks for clarifying the second bottle price issue on our webshop.

I'll get a GAS IT 2 bottle listed in all our 2 hole refillable bottles sizes at the same price as a normal GAS IT 1 from tonight which will include all the T needed to join to the second.::bigsmile:

We'll also still include the free delivery and leak detection spray with it also.

It's good to see your feedback, and look forward to dealing with you again.

Nick.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Gromit,

Thanks for clarifying the second bottle price issue on our webshop.

I'll get a GAS IT 2 bottle listed in all our 2 hole refillable bottles sizes at the same price as a normal GAS IT 1 from tonight which will include all the T needed to join to the second.::bigsmile:

We'll also still include the free delivery and leak detection spray with it also.

It's good to see your feedback, and look forward to dealing with you again.

Nick.

Excellent ::bigsmile:

Just to clarify then? Your price is £109 for tank 2 fully inclusive delivered?
Compared to £127 + £12 delivery = £139. Bargain ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back