Gas It system – how to refill? (1 Viewer)

Sep 9, 2020
Newquay
Funster No
MH
Niesmann And Bischof
Exp
Newbie since 2020 and locked down with nowhere to roam
When trying to purchase a new gas cylinder earlier today the guy at the store had no idea what I was showing him. After a bit of research this afternoon I've discovered I have a Gas It system in my MH.

I had no idea what that was until just now so trying to work out what that means. I found a few Youtube movies and as far as I can tell it's a system where I leave the cylinder in place and fill it myself at a petrol station selling LPG. Can anyone confirm this is what I need to do? If so is it simply a case of plugging in the LPG hose to a socket somewhere? This may also seem like a stupid question but how do I know when it is full? Will it just stop filling?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There is no need to open the bottle valves when filling,best to leave them closed for safety.
The bottles will fill to 80% capacity due to the built in safety feature of gasit and gaslow systems..first time fill is a bit daunting.best of luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Somewhere behind a plastic cap you will find a bayonet fitting. You need to find an outlet selling lpg and then you can refill with gas. The nozzle pushed on and turns clockwise, you then pull back the lever. You then need to press the button on the pump and keep pushing in untill it stops automatically. It will not overfill. Don't let the noises alarm you. To remove is just the reverse.

OP
OP
Mark Hankins
Sep 9, 2020
Newquay
Funster No
MH
Niesmann And Bischof
Exp
There is no need to open the bottle valves when filling,best to leave them closed for safety.
The bottles will fill to 80% capacity due to the built in safety feature of gasit and gaslow systems..first time fill is a bit daunting.best of luck.
Thank you!

OP
OP
Mark Hankins
Sep 9, 2020
Newquay
Funster No
MH
Niesmann And Bischof
Exp
Somewhere behind a plastic cap you will find a bayonet fitting. You need to find an outlet selling lpg and then you can refill with gas. The nozzle pushed on and turns clockwise, you then pull back the lever. You then need to press the button on the pump and keep pushing in untill it stops automatically. It will not overfill. Don't let the noises alarm you. To remove is just the reverse.
Thank you!

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
If you intend to use your vehicle abroad you will need to buy a set of adapters that screw into the centre of the fitting on your van. Unfortunately for some reason there is no common pump fitting across the various countries.

OP
OP
Mark Hankins
Sep 9, 2020
Newquay
Funster No
MH
Niesmann And Bischof
Exp
Just so your aware, there are different types of filler and it could be like this.
Yes that looks more like what I have (the black plastic box at the bottom of the attached picture). I also have a bag with 3 or 4 different brass attachments which I assume are for filling in different countries.

Attachments

• IMG_8993.JPG
    IMG_8993.JPG
    516 KB · Views: 43
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just going by your photo you will obviously have to connect both bottles back up or you will only be filling one of them. (y)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes that’s it, the only difference being with this type ( I have same type) you have to screw adapter in for uk , where the larger type you don’t need an adapter for uk

OP
OP
Mark Hankins
Sep 9, 2020
Newquay
Funster No
MH
Niesmann And Bischof
Exp
Just going by your photo you will obviously have to connect both bottles back up or you will only be filling one of them. (y)
Yes I removed the bottle earlier to exchange it for a full one before realising what I had.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Have you got a bulkhead regulator or one fitted to the gas bottle. This is my set up with a regulator on each bottle. Just turn on what ever bottle you want to use.
E4422CBF-B2C9-45B2-8A91-92E5FECD5BB7.jpeg

OP
OP
Mark Hankins
Sep 9, 2020
Newquay
Funster No
MH
Niesmann And Bischof
Exp
If you intend to use your vehicle abroad you will need to buy a set of adapters that screw into the centre of the fitting on your van. Unfortunately for some reason there is no common pump fitting across the various countries.
Yes I have a bag of adapters already and assumed that's what they were for. Thanks

OP
OP
Mark Hankins
Sep 9, 2020
Newquay
Funster No
MH
Niesmann And Bischof
Exp
Have you got a bulkhead regulator or one fitted to the gas bottle. This is my set up with a regulator on each bottle. Just turn on what ever bottle you want to use.View attachment 493049
I have one on the gas bottle like your set up. My second bottle is just a regular Calor gas bottle I guess it's in case the gas runs out and there's nowhere nearby to fill up.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes that’s it , you just have to just swap the regulator over to the calor bottle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back