gas in france. (1 Viewer)

dorry

Free Member
Jun 19, 2009
Funster No
I am going to france for anything upto six months with a flash o7 for the first time, I think it is poss to get calor gas bottles refilled in france can anyone please give advice.many thanks dorry..

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Don't think you can get calor bottles filled (unless you buy a refill adapter off ebay & do it yourself :RollEyes:) Much better to get a refillable system.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am going to france for anything upto six months with a flash o7 for the first time, I think it is poss to get calor gas bottles refilled in france can anyone please give advice.many thanks dorry..

You'll have no problem if you invest in Gaslow plus the French adapter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
You can get Le Cube tanks at most bricomarche. You will need to buy a pigtail to replace the one between your regulator and the Le Cube bottle. Very easy and nothing like the cost of Gaslow type systems.
Irony of the No Calor outside the UK is that both Calor and Le Cube (and AGA and Linde in Scandanavia and Germany) are all part of the Dutch SHV company. But that doesn't get you anywhere!
Patrick

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
We just buy a french green bottle and use the french adaptor bought from Gaslow. Easy to replace at nearly all French petrol stations.

ken

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Camping gaz

I take 2 calor bottles and a small stubby Camping Gaz bottle (Little blue ones) You can get one from a boot sale if you are lucky If not camping suppliers have them! If I do run out (and haven't yet) I can fallback on replacing the Camping Gaz which is avail all over France.
Be frugal and if on EHU use elect as much as possible.
Don't believe you will get a re-fill of Calor in France!!

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
If you are considering visiting other parts of Europe then the re-fillable gas bottles are the way to go. There are other makes apart from Gaslow, just search this & other forums for refillable gas bottles for information. I & a few others got mine from FES AUTOGAS

On a typical calor gas bottle you will pay about half the cost for the same amount of gas on a refillable bottle. The initial outlay although it seems high can soon pay for itself in convenience alone if you are planning to travel around Europe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back