Jan 15, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr coach built
Exp
12 years
Hi,

I know you can't get Calor in France, but I've read on line that Le Cube (which seems to be a popular and widely available gas?) has the same fitting as Calor. Is this true?

I believe I'm taking enough gas (2 x 6kg bottles) but just in case I have the heating on too much and I run out it would be nice to know in advance what I can use.

I don't want to fit GasLow or similar as I may be changing the van after this trip and I know the dealer won't give extra for anything over the normal spec, and I don't want the hassle of fitting and moving refillable systems.

If I run out I suppose I could always visit a dealer and buy a new tail, but can anyone give the definitive answer please - is there a 6kg size bottle (pref propane) that fits a calor tail?

Thanks

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
It's a clip-on device but there is an adapter available, just a simple screw on thing that you can easily store away. I carry a couple with me for different bottles. I've even got one for a Campinggaz if I'm really stuck. Easier than changing the tails

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Duffer

Duffer

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr coach built
Exp
12 years
It's a clip-on device but there is an adapter available, just a simple screw on thing that you can easily store away. I carry a couple with me for different bottles. I've even got one for a Campinggaz if I'm really stuck. Easier than changing the tails
Oh good, that sounds promising. Could you let me know the name or distributor and I'll try and hunt it down?

Thanks

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I`ve got a French bottle if you want it I will dig it out, but I think it`s butane, I bought it a few years ago when we ran out whilst travelling about, I`m only in Warsop I see you may not be far away from me, let me know it you want it

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi @Duffer
They use a clip on valve or regulator, your calor pig tail will not fit but you can get an adaptor to convert it. :)
Or you could change the pig tail for a butane hose. (y) Bob.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Duffer

Duffer

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr coach built
Exp
12 years
I`ve got a French bottle if you want it I will dig it out, but I think it`s butane, I bought it a few years ago when we ran out whilst travelling about, I`m only in Warsop I see you may not be far away from me, let me know it you want it
That's kind, but I don't have room to take another bottle with me. If I can hunt down an adapter then I've got it just in case and hopefully won't need it. All the ones I found on-line so far refer to connecting to butane tails, not propane.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I think I had to buy a new reg but that`s long gone ha ha

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
You could always convert to an underslung tank, then you got no problems you get gas anywhere

OP
OP
Duffer

Duffer

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr coach built
Exp
12 years
You could always convert to an underslung tank, then you got no problems you get gas anywhere
Unless you go to the islands in Scotland (and possibly elsewhere). I know someone who went on an extended trip and was without gas for three weeks. Also, I'm possibly selling the van soon so don't want the hassle and expense.

OP
OP
Duffer

Duffer

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr coach built
Exp
12 years
Hi @Duffer
They use a clip on valve or regulator, your calor pig tail will not fit but you can get an adaptor to convert it. :)
Or you could change the pig tail for a butane hose. (y) Bob.
That was really useful thanks, I'd hunted on-line but didn't find anything. I've ordered it and hopefully it'll be here early next week.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Oh good, that sounds promising. Could you let me know the name or distributor and I'll try and hunt it down?

Thanks
Many dealers carry them, Gaslow list them, just try your local dealer. About £10-14. I'll try to find some links.

OP
OP
Duffer

Duffer

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr coach built
Exp
12 years
Many dealers carry them, Gaslow list them, just try your local dealer. About £10-14. I'll try to find some links.
That's OK - bobandjanie sent me a link and I've ordered them. Many thanks for your help.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back