EZGee

Free Member
Jul 21, 2013
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Hymer
Exp
Am currently touring France/Spain and due to staying on aires am using much more gas than anticipated and will run out in a few weeks. I have camping gaz as a back up so can get by albeit a little expensive.
Anyone advise the best option re buying a cylinder in France or Spain and what I need to buy to get it to fit my set up (2013 Swift Sundance).

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
check french super markets some only charge a euro deposit for a bottle .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you are still in Spain then you can get a s/h bottle from a rastro, which can be either like a car boot or a second hand shop. Also check out campsite notice boards. They usually go for €8-12 ish...
Cepsa are the silver lighter bottles or there is the Orange Repsol.. Both have same connection..
Do you currently have Butane ?? If so buy a "jumbo adaptor" then unscrew the clip on UK connection and replace with the jumbo adaptor onto the hose going to your bulkhead regulator and BINGO.. Connect to Spanish bottle straight into the van and use your existing locker... 13kg is Spain is around €17...
http://s447.photobucket.com/user/staffs1959/library/Apache 700 mods/Apache 700 gas locker?sort=6&page=1

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know this is useless information in your present circumstance but when you get back get yourself a gasit setup, just filled ours in France for a fiver after 17 days useing fridge cooking and hot water, fill up anywhere , does vary in price quite a lot, have seen from 75 cents to over a euro

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi, if you are in Murcia,Spain on your travels please PM me, I have surplus Spanish and French cylinders which you can buy from me. Our new van has Gasflow.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Hi can you buy the adapters there as well cheers Rod

If by adaptor you mean the regulator that fits on the bottle then yes, usually grey for bitane and red for propane.
You buy the bottle from their service station and the regulator from the Super market

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi,
You have a 2013 van therefore you have a bulkhead reg.
If you have a UK butane pigtail, Intermarche will sell/hire to you a 10kgs Propane (or butane ) bottle. The outlet on that bottle fits the UK Butane pigtail.
If you don't have a UK Butane pigtail, and I assume you have because you have already stated that you have CampingGaz as a back up, please come back on here and tell us what you are currently using by way of a pigtail for further advice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back