Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Hi,

Mine has gone u/s.

I tried to fix it but even getting to it is a PITA and I quickly lost the will to live.

Is there a trick to getting these things out without dismantling the kitchen?

I am guessing it is a pizo-electric sparker. Can they be serviced/repaired or is it fail and replace?

Cheers in advance folks

BTD

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Not likely to be a pizo these days, more likely to be a 12 volt ignition generator. So check electric supply, push switch and it's also possible it is battery operated, so look for a battery carrier.
It would help if you said whitch model and if you can a picture

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Peizo igniters are cheap and readily available on eBay. You need to take of the front panel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bonkers the Dog

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
Did that, then the drawers, then the door, then the internal braces and I still couldn't reach the bu**er, I then went and bought a swan neck lighter for a quid; it's still going!
This was the issue though, I was having to dig deeper and deeper just to change the thing out; life is too short but SWMBO keeps asking me about it so I thought I better revisit it...

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
A piezo-electric sparker has a button which has a definite travel distance, and a loud click at the end of the travel. If you want another spark you have to press it again.

An electric spark generator has a push switch that generates a stream of sparks for as long as the switch is pressed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back