Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'am a newbie
Hi
We have a Kampa awning the problem is the gas heating vents into the awning which
is not good.
Is there any way of putting n extension on the exhaust to take out of the awning
or move the heater.
Our unit is a Lunar Roadstar 800
Any help would be useful

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
It would depend on your heater exhaust outlet but messing around with carbon monoxide would not be something I would feel safe doing on my own.
I think your best bet would be to contact the heater manufacturer and ask them. It may be possible to re route the vent onto the roof but only they would know the safe way to do it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
You don't say what kind of heater but for the two common makes installation instructions can be found on the manufacturers websites. Installation instructions will have information on flue length, position, etc. Venting into an awning is far from ideal but may be safe if ventilation requirements are met - by not fitting a skirt for example.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it is a Truma Combi you can flue them through the roof but not the floor. The flue must be mounted so that gases can't enter the van i.e. via a window or rooflight.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@Salliann changing the heater may be an option (although expensive.) My 800 has a webasto diesel heater, with a fridge frezer fitted where the gas heater is on other 800s.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Carbon Monoxide CO is only produce with incomplete combustion .. https://www.elgas.com.au/blog/2208-complete-incomplete-combustion-of-lpg-propane-equations

In the presence of enough oxygen, propane burns to form water vapour and carbon dioxide, CO2, as well as heat.

So.. provided the heater is burning correctly, ie with blue flame it should not be giving off CO . If unsure, to be on the safe side, have it serviced and flue gasses analysed.

Awnings in my experience are never air tight.. there is always some drafts, and most have roof ventilators.. .. so I don't see the problem.

The same reason a gas hob does not give off CO .. it does use oxygen, so it requires ventilation, but shouldn't be producing CO

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back