Gas generator (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2021
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
A class pegaso 590
Exp
4 years
Hi has anyone used a gas generator or know of a a good make or any experience with one please? Happy new year

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I had a Honda EU10 with lpg conversion which was a brilliant machine. The only problem I found in the 12+ years of ownership was that I didn't need it! Only needed to use it twice in all that time and one of those jump leads would have done the job.

Reactions: f6c

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
This one is very good

We have this one, it fits in the motorhome but it's a man test to lift and is well over powered for what I need but it will charge van some with everything running

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
I have the Champion 3500, I have plumbed it into the gas. Made a soundproof box and fitted fans for ventilation. The exhaust passes through the floor with a stainless steel exhaust extension with heat resistant cover fitted.
I also fitted a smoke alarm and co monitor near it. It is very quiet but you can still hear an exhaust burble, thinking of fitting an inline silencer to further reduce noise. I have only used it when wild camping.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
I have the Champion 3500, I have plumbed it into the gas. Made a soundproof box and fitted fans for ventilation. The exhaust passes through the floor with a stainless steel exhaust extension with heat resistant cover fitted.
I also fitted a smoke alarm and co monitor near it. It is very quiet but you can still hear an exhaust burble, thinking of fitting an inline silencer to further reduce noise. I have only used it when wild camping.
They are very good aren't they

Our was in the box for four years and started first time on LPG, has only every been used on lpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Brilliant bit of kit, have used mine on petrol and gas. Let's me use the microwave, kettle and induction hob without ehu.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Brilliant bit of kit, have used mine on petrol and gas. Let's me use the microwave, kettle and induction hob without ehu.
I tried powering the whole van and it managed it, microwave, solid hob, electric heater, water heater and it managed

Was a little surprising really

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Just be aware that most small engines will have a very limited lifespan running on LPG ,
They will almost certainly burn the valves out fairly quickly , fine if for very occasional use but you won’t see anyone running a generator long term on LPG unless it’s been seriously modified which would be financially unviable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back