Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
I have just bought a honda EU20 generator with gas conversion, I have had an external gas point fitted to my GASLO system. I haved tried to start it as per the instructions but to no avail. When I switch the GAslo system on I have to press a priming button for 3 seconds. I have tried keeping this depressed whilst cranking the gennie and it tries to kick over but then dies :Sad: has anyone had the same, or has anyone got any tips as to how it starts?

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have just bought a honda EU20 generator with gas conversion, I have had an external gas point fitted to my GASLO system. I haved tried to start it as per the instructions but to no avail. When I switch the GAslo system on I have to press a priming button for 3 seconds. I have tried keeping this depressed whilst cranking the gennie and it tries to kick over but then dies :Sad: has anyone had the same, or has anyone got any tips as to how it starts?

I know that on mine I do not use any choke & there is a "bleed" valve to push which bleeds out any air.
Brian

OP
OP
Soaringman

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Thanks Brian
tried that (button in the middle) still no joy, do you have yours connected through a gaslo system? or just to a gas bottle?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks Brian
tried that (button in the middle) still no joy, do you have yours connected through a gaslo system? or just to a gas bottle?

I have used it directly from a Calor cylinder (with a regulator) and also from our external bbq point without any problem.
I assume you can hear gas escaping when the priming button and that you have sufficient gas in the cylinder.
Brian

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
The instructions are wrong, I had the same problem so I called the suppliers.

I know that the instructions say to press the button for 2 - 3 seconds but this actually floods the thing. Pull the starter without any gas connected to clear it all (with the genie switched on). Then connect the gas but press the button just for about half a second rather than the 3 seconds suggested.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back