LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2013
Banbury, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class, Hymer B578
Exp
Since 2013
Hi. Sitting outside our motorhome but being overwhelmed with gas fumes from our fridge vent. We are running the fridge on gas as we are not on EHU. I have removed the burner and cleaned the flu as best I can but no change. The flame is burning a bright blue but with a slight yellow tint to it. I am running on Spanish auto gas in my on board cylinders. Also I think the burner is running constantly. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Could be a gas leak from somewhere else. Are you sure the adaptor on your Spanish gas cylinder is firmly seated properly.

Mix up a solution of water and washing up liquid and with a brush check all the gas connections between gas cylinder and fridge. This is where a Gaslow pressure gauge is useful - it detects any slight drop in pressure throughout the system.

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Hi there

When running normally exhaust fumes are odourless, hence carbon monoxide build up being so dangerous.
The fume smell will most definitely be your flue sooted up. They are difficult to clean properly as a one person task ... Best with 2 persons, with a special made narrow flue brush, if you stick a bottle brush up this is too wide and will spread the flue - making it the wrong size to work efficiently.(the internal flue lining material is not metal but a soft heat resistant stuff)
Clean from the top taking off the top cowel, some have a dangling spiral flue to direct exhaust. Use a specific brush size, cover jet and burner assembly below flue, while other person hoovers the falling debris .
Clean removed parts and reassemble.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Yellow tinges are not good, shows a lack of air, clean flue as above and make sure we'll vented, probably best to remove the lower vent grille to improve airflow as a temporary measure. Could be your Spanish refill has more butane than propane. Are your cooker burners showing any yellow tinges?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back